Bestie Chat with Cheryl B. Engelhardt
Bestie Chat with Cheryl B. Englehardt
Cheryl B. Engelhardt is a composer, songwriter, and consultant who got her start in music playing piano at age 2. After majoring in Biology and doing water quality research (aka scuba diving) for the government, she decided that music wasn't just a "hobby" and that she wanted to make a living composing and performing. Since then she's gone on to release four albums and also write jingles and commercial music for brands like Honey Nut Cheerios, Lysol, Lowes, and College Humor. In this interview Cheryl shares how she transitioned into making music her full-time career and various ways that she has made herself stand out from the crowd!
- What it means to write for the moving image
- Why you need to master your instrumentals
- What it's like to collaborate with film directors and producers
- How going to auditions for films landed her composition jobs
- What's a sonic identity and why you should have one
- Why she thinks "no musicians are saying anything that matters"
- Why it's importing to find transitions in telling your story
Tell us what you learned from this video in the comments below and then make sure you share this post with a friend!