Account & Label Manager
Kobalt Music (AWAL) | Sydney, AUS
Posted here July 9
As the streaming landscape is continuing to grow and change, AWAL is now looking for a personable and strategic Account & Label Manager to join our Marketing team in Sydney. Supporting the Marketing Director for AWAL this amazing opportunity will allow you to work in a wide-ranging role with an incredibly diverse roster of up and coming as well as established acts and labels from all over the world.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, AWAL you will act as the support for AWAL’s ever-growing client base. You will help with the day to day management of new release information and pitching materials to ensure new and ongoing releases are presented to all digital accounts.
Working at Kobalt, you will help build the music services company of tomorrow, to empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & passion for music. Our ideal candidate is hard working, detail-oriented, creative, and flexible with strong written and verbal communication skills.
AWAL is Kobalt’s market-leading Music Recordings company that provides services and support to the Independent Artists of tomorrow.
AWAL is the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers as we transform the way music is released by creating a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, The Kooks, Felix Riebl, Alex the Astronaut, Set Mo, Bruno Major, and Laura Marling.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
What would you do as an Account & Label Manager?
Client Support / Operations
- Act as a Client Support contact for administrative queries/needs from AWAL Australia clients; relating to their set up of new releases, ongoing priorities, and running their campaigns
- Support AWAL Australia clients daily with all operational queries, set-up, best practices and requests for their releases
- Act as Client Support using the various tools we’ve developed to help make sense of their business and schedule their campaigns, using FAQs and informative blog posts
- Manage label on-boarding process, oversee catalogue transitions, provide best practices for release planning and scheduling
- Prepare pitch materials and updates of priority AWAL artists for submission to DSPs
- Liaise with the Digital Operations department to ensure content delivery feeds are timely and complete
- Analyse performance of releases using the various best-in-class industry tools AWAL has for them to run their business - these include income reporting tools, the AWAL App, the best practises blog, product uploader
- Research and identify potential AWAL artists; attending shows wherever necessary
- Work closely with and support the creative department in Kobalt Music Publishing
You will ideally have
- 2 years’ experience working in the music industry
- Deep understanding of digital retail platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and future trends in music landscape
- Strong verbal, written, communication and analytical skills
- Professional, friendly and customer-focused approach face to face, or via email or phone - working closely with artist managers, label owners and internal music industry pros is the day to day work
- Organized self-starter, able to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiarity with graphic design and/or asset creation is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- Ability to remain confidential
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...