Warner Music Group | Miami, FL
Posted here January 8
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Accounting Manager, WM Latina
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department at WM Latina is responsible for supporting the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the finance department is responsible for ensuring that internal control policies are adequate and implemented. The department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
Perform several accounting functions while simultaneously working with other departments. Must be able to identify and address anomalies if internal controls and policies are not followed. Must be able to identify correct account to use and familiarize himself/herself with chart of accounts, concepts and reporting structure to ensure correct accounting. Candidate must endeavor to reach a solution on their own first and then consult controller. Proactive stance toward learning, workload completion, best practices and communication.
Here you’ll get to:
- Prepare and/or review m/e, q/e, y/e journal entries and prepare balance sheet, P&L, supplementary schedules, Balance Sheet reconciliations and financial analysis. Monitor closing status.
- Prepare and review depreciation schedules and maintain Fixed Asset procedures in GFS.
- Execution of Accounts Receivable function, analysis and follow up.
- Execution of Accounts Payable function, analysis and follow up including vendor and purchase order management. Supervise the AP clerk and ensure proper documentation for POs. Liaise with shared services and/or corporate for any statutory reporting, including 1099 and 1042 reporting.
- Review the monthly intercompany billing and confirmation with affiliates. Review and approve the monthly netting.
- Supervise the quarterly/semiannually royalty and copyright procedures and reporting.
- Assist in monthly cash forecast and forecast by monitoring cash balances and maintaining artists advance and marketing spent analysis current.
- Work on special projects as assigned including: implementations, testing of system upgrades, report writing and documents local procedures. Provide metrics and specific reporting to senior management.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create meaningful financial reporting packages and/or budget tracking spreadsheets. Communicate effectively with every other department that spends money and at the same time monitor their expenditures.
- Oversee data flow/interface and the process between accounting systems and other sub-systems.
- Effectively partner with both internal and external communities including: IT management, shared services, marketing, administrative assistants, licensing and royalties’ sr. supervisor, and corporate offices.
- Supports annual audit by providing information to auditors.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains financial security and reporting accuracy by adhering to internal controls and global accounting policies.
- Must be able to work independently in resolving outstanding issues in accounting and reporting. Investigate them and collaborates with others who may have appropriate solutions.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...