Administrative Assistant, A&R
Warner Music Group | Los Angeles, CA
Posted here July 16
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A Little Bit About Our Team
Providing direct administrative and creative support for LA based A&R Creative Execs. You will be in charge of helping the LA A&R team run smoothly by handling calendars of execs and writers, pulling together expense reports, helping confirm and coordinate writing sessions, managing the LA studio calendar and more. This position is an integral part of the US creative team as a whole. We expect this assistant to be working hand in hand with our NY admin support staff to make sure all admin duties are covered and most importantly the executives and the writers they work with are fully supported.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
Warner Chappell Music Publishing is the smallest major publishing company. We operate like a boutique company with the outreach and resources of a major. We arguably have the most in demand roster in the business and the company as a whole has never been this “hot.” Join a winning team and work with some of the best songwriters in the business on their never a dull moment journey to a #1, or #1s for that matter!
Here You’ll Get To
- You will welcome visitors, screen and direct phone calls/inquiries, book sessions and manage songwriters calendar, processes expenses, schedule and coordinate domestic and international meetings, maintain all calendar items, coordinate domestic and international travel, process incoming mail and correspondence, prepare outgoing mail, and ensure the office is always fully equipped and functions smoothly.
- You will work independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
- You will proofread and edit drafts and final materials for appropriate consistent format, accuracy of financial figures or other data and makes corrections as needed.
- You will maintain and update department files, records and publications.
- You will screen all correspondence and publications, bringing those of significance to the Company’s attention.
- You will be responsible for obtaining splits, co-writer, and publisher information for new releases / songs and delivering information to copyright department for processing via the AS/400 system.
- You will maintain show and event calendar.
Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- A high school level education required, Bachelor’s degree preferred; preferably augmented by course work in music publishing, business administration and related fields.
- One (1) to two (2) years of highly responsible experience in an administrative supportive role preferably in a music publishing or related business, or:
- A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
- Interest and knowledge of contemporary music and current music trends.
- Knowledge of general business practices.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
- Great time management
- Ability to work well in team.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
- Foresight to anticipate needs and create efficient and effective processes.
- Motivation - Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
- Innovation - Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
- Consistency - takes initiative.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...