Administrative Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs, Music
Netflix | Los Angeles, CA
Posted here March 5
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our international efforts have brought Netflix around the globe to virtually all countries and we’re excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers. With over 100 Million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix.
Our growing global Music Group is looking for a new member to join the team an Administrative Assistant who shares our passion for music, the entertainment industry and great content. Someone who seeks out and thrives in an environment where freedom and responsibility are a tenet, and passion, innovation and curiosity are mandates (https //jobs.netflix.com/culture). A stunning and selfless colleague for whom no task is too small or insurmountable. This role will report to the 2 senior team leaders, though responsibilities will also include providing general support from time to time to other team members as needed.
The Music Group is based in Los Angeles, London and Berlin and is responsible for all of Netflix’s global music business and strategy, from the production and licensing of Netflix Originals through to the distribution of the Netflix service globally. This role is based in our Los Angeles office.
The successful candidate is self-motivated, quick-thinking, solution-oriented, flexible, and able to calmly juggle diverse responsibilities with grace and enthusiasm. He or she is able to execute multiple timely tasks in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of precision and professionalism. If you are that candidate, your organizational skills are unparalleled and you have an unwavering attention to detail at all times. You are comfortable managing competing deadlines. You are self-reliant, yet you also effectively collaborate with others and excel in a team-oriented environment. As a quick and independent thinker, you always anticipate the next step and take the initiative to action it without being instructed to do so. Your exceptional judgment means that you handle confidential information appropriately at all times and independently set priorities to see them to conclusion.
Specific Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Detailed and extensive schedule management, maintaining calendars for the 2 senior team leaders and scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Booking and coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements.
- General administrative duties, including scheduling calls and meetings, processing travel and expense reports for Director-level team managers, facilitating execution of agreements (paper or digital), digital filing, etc.
- Managing, maintaining and updating various dashboards, databases, onboarding tools, organization charts, production calendars, and document management, rights management and option trackers.
- Planning, booking and executing offsite events, including Music Group offsite meetings, lunches, dinners, industry events.
- Onboarding and set up of new team members.
- BA/BS Degree
- 5+ years as an executive assistant in a business and legal affairs setting or as an executive assistant in the music industry.
- Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
- Tech-savvy with proficiency in the Google suite of apps and a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment.
- Clear, concise communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional judgment, particularly in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced production environment.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to be fluid and respond positively to change, feedback and new ideas.
- Ability to pivot quickly and be resourceful, think practically and be solution-oriented.
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects and matters outside areas of expertise.
View full listing here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...