Administrative Assistant, Publicity
Sony Music | New York, NY
Posted here July 2
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Assistant will help to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Publicity department at Columbia Records by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant, Publicity is responsible for providing administrative support to the SVP, Publicity and Publicity department at Columbia Records.
- Receive, screen and route incoming telephone calls.
- Maintain calendar, schedules meetings/conference calls, and coordinate travel arrangements for the Senior Vice President, Publicity.
- Maintain and expand publicity and entertainment contact database for the department.
- Plan and oversee press events and appearances for touring artists.
- Send out press kits to local media in advance of artist performance in the area.
- Pitch and solicit interviews and stories for artists on tour.
- Manage departmental office supplies.
- Process invoices and T&E reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate activities and act as a liaison with other internal departments, executives, employees, artists and their management.
- Coordinate and draft correspondence and presentations using MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Attend and participate in meetings when necessary and appropriate.
- Must be well versed on all aspects of publicity projects.
- Assist in the development of publicity/marketing concepts, strategies and plans.
- Accompany artists to a variety of appearances as required.
- Help coordinate day to day publicity duties (pitching stories, calling/emailing press, putting releases over wire, following up on interview requests, etc.).
- Collect and distribute copies of all TV appearances and relevant articles to executives/Columbia staff.
- Assist with booking and coordinating press events.
- Assist with the coordination of all aspects of press appearances including booking travel, managing itineraries and interacting with editors and television producers.
- Maintain publicity tools (press kits, videos, photos, database).
- Administer product mailings to media outlets.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and with 0-2 years of administrative experience in publicity or related field preferred.
- The successful candidate must have excellent command of language with strong writing skills, telephone skills and interpersonal skills and they will need to be comfortable interacting with high profile clients.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding situations.
- Professional, confident, positive and calm demeanor.
- Ability to work independently, be detail-oriented, remain flexible, and handle routine tasks with minimal supervision is essential.
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are absolutely required.
- Must have knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Internet and typical office equipmen
- Ability to think independently and take action without supervision, create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements; Ability to make sound decisions and solve a variety of problems; Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities as well as in the work environment; Must be experienced and skilled performing in a liaison role between the artists and the label using tact, persuasion, timing and facilitating direct communication when appropriate and retaining the trust of both the artist and label.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...