Administrative Assistant / Receptionist
Sony Music (Provident Music Group) | Franklin, TN
Posted here May 21
- Are you known among your friends as the most organized one in the group? The one who is always careful with the details?
- Do you have proven experience in a role that required you to juggle many varied tasks while meeting deadlines?
- Would you like to use your administrative skills to support Christian music, worship artists and songwriters?
If so, consider this rewarding position as an Administrative Assistant / Receptionist for leading Christian music company Provident Music Group.
We are looking for someone who will work from Provident’s reception desk, answering the main telephone line and greeting, welcoming, and directing company visitors. In addition, you will provide administrative support for Essential Music Publishing (EMP) and select Provident Music Group administrative staff.
Provident Music Group (PMG) is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment and includes Provident Label Group, Provident Films, Provident Distribution, Essential Artist Services, as well as Essential Music Publishing, a full-service music publishing company that provides publishing rights management and administration, licensing, royalty collection and payment on behalf of our award-winning songwriters and catalog administration clients.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
- Working from company’s reception desk, serve as central “gatekeeper” for company, helping and directing visitors and callers appropriately; present professional image to all guests
- Maintain up-to-date master phone list
- Manage incoming packages and food deliveries
- Create and coordinate schedule for receptionist lunches and breaks; train new relievers
- Maintain neat and professional appearance of reception area
General Administrative Duties
- Provide general overall administrative support to Essential Music Publishing creative team, including scheduling meetings and coordinating food orders
- Process invoices for payment for assigned departments
- Coordinate travel arrangements for creative publishing staff and Essential Worship artists/ songwriters, as well as designated finance/administration staff and others as requested
- Prepare and process expense reports for publishing creative staff and assigned finance and operations staff
- Serve as initial point of contact with property management company; communicate any needs or problems; monitor until problem is resolved; escalate any unresolved issues to appropriate staff
- Manage employee building access cards
- Assist staff with mailings as requested, include preparing credit memos
Essential Music Publishing Support Duties
- Maintain master songwriter calendar and songwriter cut lists
- Oversee and serve as point person for booking studio/writer rooms
- Serve as central collection point for delivery of new songs (demos, lyrics, songwriter splits) from EMP songwriters; upload such materials into various systems
- Process invoices from EMP songwriters for song demo sessions in accordance with songwriter agreements
- Transcribe lyrics from song demos submitted by EMP writers to insure accuracy for copyright registrations
- Track EMP Film/TV synchronization quotes and licensing status
- Claim EMP assets (songs) on YouTube and other digital service provider platforms
- Compile album and song consumption information weekly for distribution to publishing staff
- Compile and distribute Spotify playlist of current writer cuts and EMP singles; maintain throughout the year
- Assist with distribution of publishing e-blasts and PR opportunities for EMP writers/songs/catalog and EMP newsletter
- General office administration skills with computer and administrative skills at a level typically gained through at least 2 years of experience in an administrative role (beyond internship experience); strong gatekeeping skills
- Experience in Christian music industry and/or music publishing a plus; working knowledge of worship community, worship songs, and Christian music; knowledge of copyright law and music licensing procedures a plus
- Knowledge of online digital music tools and ability to work with various music file types (e.g., wav and mp3 files) required; proficient in navigating within Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music and other streaming services
- Experience in a role that required extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict punctuality each day
- Outstanding verbal communication skills, including good telephone skills and clear speaking voice; proven success operating in a professional, prompt, friendly, and efficient manner
- Excellent written communications skills, with proven ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software packages
- Math skills pertaining to processing invoices and other routine financial applications
- Willingness to take direction from multiple leaders
- Proven ability to anticipate and stay ahead of deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority (juggling potentially conflicting priorities), and maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Successful experience in a role that required consistent follow-through, successfully tracking work through to completion without being prompted
- A proven service-minded approach to duties; willingness to seek out work in order to be fully productive throughout the day
- Demonstrated success maintaining constructive professional working relationships Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new work situations within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to develop new systems and procedures where needed to better utilize company resources
- Experience maintaining strict confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive issues
The ideal candidate …
- Has an extraordinary attention to detail
- Is a self-starter who gets things done with little oversight with excellence and on-time
- Has proven organizational skills that work
- Has a heart for supporting people in accomplishing tasks
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...