Concord Music | Beverly Hills, CA
Posted here June 25
Concord Music is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, acquisition, and management of recorded music, music publishing, and theatrical performance rights. With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Berlin, and Cleveland, Concord Music has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
*** Must submit an online portfolio for review**
1. Responsibilities include art directing and/or designing music packaging for new and catalog releases company wide.
2. Art direct photo shoots and album creative within budget.
3. Liaise with project managers and label heads
- Design special packages and special projects
- Art direct and produce photo shoots, working with a variety of budgets
- Art direct in-house and freelance designers
- Produce corporate and promotional pieces
- Manage designers
Outline of Specific Functions:
1. Art direction/Design
- Participate in brainstorming creative meetings for artist campaigns
- Oversee and produce creative for digital and print advertising, product stickers, posters, t-shirts and a wide variety of other merchandise materials.
- Conceptualize and produce special music packages, including limited editions
and box sets
- Photo edit – choose and prepare photos for use in packaging and marketing materials
- Work with production department and printers to assure a quality product is produced
- Ensure projects follow the production schedule so deadlines are met
- Maintaining the integrity of our corporate branding initiative throughout other departments
2. Art budgets
- Negotiate designer and photography rates
- Make sure that each project stays within the allocated budget
3. Manage designers
- Distribute and monitor development of creative
- Develop proper protocols and procedures to enhance work flow.
- Set up a timetable for delivery of creative to assures deadlines are met
- Create a learning environment where designers are encouraged to grow
in their craft
- Must submit an online portfolio for review
- At least 3-5 years of similar art directing experience
- BFA in art and design
- Critical eye for composition, typography and color theory
- Proven ability to create high-quality creative and art direct photo shoots
- Extensive knowledge of design programs is essential (Adobe Creative Suite along with post-design/pre-flight programs) to ensure proper preparation of digital files for print
- Must have knowledge of printing specifications and requirements
- Outstanding creative thinking skills
- Acute understanding of marketing and branding concepts
- Outstanding organization and multitasking skills
- The ability to work under multiple deadlines
- Flexibility to deal with last minute projects and unforeseen issues
- Advertising or record label experience and a passion for music a strong plus
- Demonstrates good judgment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- General agreement and acceptance of the company’s core values
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...