Artist Relations Manager
YouTube Music | Nashville, TN
Posted here May 14
Google's line of products and services to our clients never stops growing. The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As an Artist Relations Manager, you will be responsible for establishing, building and maintaining YouTube’s relationships with artists. This includes fostering their engagement on the platform and the use of our tools and resources as well as guidance on growing their audience, and partnering with YouTube/Google in ways that are mutually beneficial.
In this role you will interact regularly with managers, agents and labels within the industry that represent artists, facilitating ongoing platform engagement, imparting knowledge of how best to use YouTube to grow audience, advising on operational processes, resolving inquiries, and identifying and driving mutual business growth opportunities.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Manage day-to-day artist relationships and program management, working high touch with a targeted set of artists and their representatives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to select artists we work with, prioritize and set expectations both internally and externally related to how we can develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to establish programs for artists, including performances and content productions within YouTube Spaces and North American Google office locations.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working directly with a variety of artists and their representatives, including significant time one on one with the artists establishing deep relationships.
- Experience working cross-functionally across a large business.
- Experience in, or working closely with, any of the following fields: artist management, label product management, artist relations, artist marketing, etc., with specific focus in the Nashville music industry.
- Experience with handling high complex situations with creative individuals and remaining focused on accomplishing the task at hand.
- Developed attention to detail. Ability to juggle and coordinate multiple simultaneous artist activities.
- Ability to communicate consistently and broadly regarding partner account issues and opportunities.
- Ability to act quickly and effectively to cultivate artist satisfaction with our engagement and to make our relationship impactful and successful for both YouTube and the applicable artists.
- Developed leadership skills, and ability to address senior level executives, as well as artists.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...