Assistant Music Programmer, The Highway
Sirius XM | Nashville, TN
Posted here November 27
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule music logs assigned channels.
- Work in close association with Sr. Director and Executive Staff.
- Manage song selection, categorization, library size, rotation rules, and implementation of audience research.
- Manage weekly scheduling of on-air content.
- Interface with promotion and engineering departments.
- Ensure proper quality controls of music channels.
- Ensure that music production and promotions all appeal to target audience for each channel.
- Establish and maintain numerous labels and industry contacts within specific genres.
- Secure live performances by artists.
- Insert promos / tune in alerts / cross promos as directed.
- Manage music conflicts between channels.
- Properly enter song information and non-music elements into music scheduling software maintaining required BMI/ASCAP and RIAA data, in addition to generating reports as required.
- Develop an understanding of and perform editing breaks, fades, and inserting the correct digital markers that sound the most appealing based on music/content selection and channel genre.
- Load voice tracks into music automation system, monitor for quality control and delete completed tracks.
- Pull listener requests and calls from email.
- Ensure on-air hosts receive daily music logs and updated talent schedules generated from music scheduling software.
- Carry out other programming related assignments as determined by the Senior Director.
View full listing here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
Thanks for subscribing to the Job Forum... enter at www.musicbizbesties.com/job-forum (& make sure to bookmark the page to check back frequently!)