AVP, Technical Strategy
BMI | Nashville, TN
Posted here July 2
This position represents a key strategic role within BMI to ensure that technology objectives of the enterprise are aligned with the business goals. This role will also consistently represent broad requirements and architectural recommendations to ensure alignment, strategic vision and execution roadmaps for the enterprise.
Functions of the job
- Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Collaborate with the senior licensing team to ensure new revenue opportunities align with technology roadmaps. Participation in sales meetings to provide support in negotiating data interchange standards, discuss technical solution options and other information gathering activities.
- Collaborate with Senior business leaders to ensure business operations align with technology roadmaps on new opportunities and initiatives.
- Stay in synch with development teams and our data management team on systems priorities, development timelines to ensure strategies align with priorities.
- Represent IT in the engagement with the industry for technical standards bodies (DDEX, CISAC etc.), industry trade associations and other outside entities with potential impact on the IT strategy.
- Participate in the IT Senior Leadership activities required to envision, build and operate technology solutions in a rapidly changing business.
- Lead strategic technology planning efforts to achieve company’s goals by working with other IT and business departments.
- Provide technical assessment and support to potential Mergers & Acquisitions activities.
- Supports BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, directing and ensuring reliability of work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field; equivalent experience considered.
Experience: Greater than Ten years’ experience in the full life cycle leadership of software and systems solutions visioning, architecture, development and operations in a wide variety of industries and business models. Collaboration for IT Solutions strategy, people leadership and business decision making experience at a P & L level. A long track record of direct technology solutions for sales success.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position
- Exhibited experience in the design, architecture and execution of complex enterprise solutions.
- Must be familiar with standard computing technology platforms such as J2EE, .Net.as well as the capabilities for data representations in common enterprise products such as Oracle, SQL Server.
- Some familiarity with existing Cloud computing platforms with an eye toward leveraging for solutions to drive down overall IT costs.
- Proven track record of applying developed architectures to delivery of production systems.
- Strong communication is key function coupled with self-confidence. Must be able to talk in the language of technical developers and then switch to the language of business managers.
- Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, and process modeling.
- Strong history of putting teams together and the ability to lead through persuasion and consensus across multiple departments and or external partners.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog