Creative Services Director
Universal Music Group (Capitol Christian Music Group) | Brentwood, TN
Posted here January 29
Under The Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
This role exists to to serve Capitol CMG artists by establishing and supporting their visual campaign through photography and image development, album cover and packaging design, physical and digital asset creation, brand stewardship, and other artist initiatives as needed.
- Conceptualize and design album/single covers, packaging, and marketing materials.
- Partner with artists, management, marketing, and A&R teams on building consistent visual branding for each artist and record cycle.
- Create brand guides and look books for the development of visual art throughout the artist’s album cycle.
- Oversee a department of designers for the development of promotional content including print & digital assets to support an artist’s marketing and PR plan such as advertising, social media, retail signage, presentations, billboards, posters, lyric images, banners, etc.
- Partner with Marketing and A&R to research and develop a strategic branding concept for each artist’s campaign, including research for image, styling and location needs.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage artist photoshoots including assembling and hiring a creative team of photographers, wardrobe stylists, hair/makeups, and catering. Negotiating contracts. Gather tears and develop creative direction. Create day-of schedule, call sheet, plan craft services, distribute directions, and communicate details in a timely manner. Contract negotiation and Invoice processing.
- Drive all imaging review, retouching, and photo approval including final selection and distribution of lead PR images.
- Maintain the local creative server archive of images and creative assets, and keep internal and external teams informed on the most up-to-date approved PR imagery.
- Work with the marketing team to coordinate and/or produce any design assets needed to fulfil related
- marketing campaign.
- Prepare files for print using Universal-supplied templates. Pre-flight and package files according to Universal’s standards. Load to Wam!Net for manufacturing, international distribution, and archiving.
- Facilitate transactions with freelance designers and artists associated with developing an artist’s brand.
- Work directly with the VP, Digital Marketing & Content to create and manage the visual brand(s) of Capitol Christian Music Group including corporate presentations, logos, graphics and print assets.
- Grow and foster a network of photographers, designers, wardrobe stylists, and grooming specialists to expand the network of local and regional creatives.
- Work in partnership with the video content team for video asset creation, not directly responsible, but able to effectively communicate the visual brand for each artist project and provide assets.
- Oversee our creative department intern program to develop and train for the workplace.
- Adept in the latest design and photography trends.
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...