Creative Services Director
Capitol Christian Music Group | Brentwood, TN
Posted here March 5
Are you an enthusiastic, skilled graphic designer? Are you looking for an employer that fosters your career growth? Are you passionate about music?
...If so, we'd love to connect with you.
Universal Music Group is seeking a Creative Services Director to join Capitol Christian Music Group in Brentwood, Nashville, Tennessee.
You’ll experience the following perks as a full-time UMG employee...
- Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30+ days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
- Employee Development – We’re invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you’ll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
- Culture and Environment – You’ll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
- Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG’s donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
In this role...
You'll serve Capitol CMG artists by establishing and supporting their visual campaign through photography and image development, album cover and packaging design, physical and digital asset creation, brand stewardship, & other artist initiatives as needed.
- Conceptualize and design album/single covers, packaging, & marketing materials.
- Partner with artists, management, marketing, & A&R teams on building consistent visual branding for each artist and record cycle.
- Create brand guides and lookbooks for the development of visual art throughout the artist’s album cycle.
- Oversee a department of designers for the development of promotional content including print and digital assets to support an artist’s marketing and PR plan such as advertising, social media, retail signage, presentations, billboards, posters, lyric images, banners, etc.
- Partner with Marketing and A&R to research and develop a strategic branding concept for each artist’s campaign, including research for image, styling, & location needs.
- Plan, coordinate, & manage artist photo shoots including assembling and hiring a creative team of photographers, wardrobe stylists, hair/makeups, & catering. Negotiating contracts. Gather tears and develop the creative direction. Create the day-of schedule, call sheet, plan craft services, distribute directions, & communicate details in a timely manner. Contract negotiation and Invoice processing.
- Drive all imaging review, retouching, & photo approval including final selection and distribution of lead PR images.
- Maintain the local creative server archive of images and creative assets, and keep internal and external teams informed on the most up-to-date approved PR imagery.
- Work with the marketing team to coordinate and/or produce any design assets needed to fulfill related marketing campaign.
- Prepare files for print using Universal-supplied templates. Pre-flight and package files according to Universal’s standards. Load to Wam!Net for manufacturing, international distribution, & archiving.
- Facilitate transactions with freelance designers and artists associated with developing an artist’s brand.
- Work directly with the VP, Digital Marketing & Content to create and manage the visual brands of Capitol Christian Music Group including corporate presentations, logos, graphics, & print assets.
- Grow and foster a network of photographers, designers, wardrobe stylists, & grooming specialists to expand the network of local and regional creatives.
- Work in partnership with the video content team for video asset creation, not directly responsible, but able to effectively communicate the visual brand for each artist project and provide assets.
- Oversee our creative department intern program to develop and train for the workplace.
- Adept in the latest design and photography trends.
To be successful...
You should have 5+ years of relevant graphic design experience and a well-rounded design portfolio including print and digital assets.
- Well-experienced individual in graphic design and visual art
- Working knowledge of latest design trends and ability to work in multiple design styles
- Proven art-direction skills and brand guides
- Proven experience and work history in print and digital design
- Leadership skills to develop and manage a team of designers
- Experience in art directing and producing photo shoots from concept to completion
- Ability to effectively communicate branding strategy to both internal and external teams
- Ability to assemble, motivate, & lead creative teams effectively
- Ability to think creatively, conceptually, & strategically
- Ability to balance and maintain a budget
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and time management, oral and written communication skills
- Initiative to carry out a range of projects with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Advanced knowledge of MAC OSX programs and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...