Digital Marketing Manager (Music Industry)
Universal Music Group | Los Angeles, CA
Posted here July 2
It’s an exciting time to join UMG as we continue shaping the future of global music entertainment. Home to some of the world’s biggest artists.
You’ll experience the following perks as a full-time UMG employee...
- Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30+days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
- Employee Development – We’re invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you’ll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
- Culture and Environment – You’ll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
- Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG’s donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
We are looking to fill an integral role in the global Digital Marketing Innovation team. We are looking for an energetic, passionate Creative Marketing Manager in our Santa Monica, CA office. This is a great opportunity to join a team of innovators, who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives. Our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms, and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate. In this role, you will be a key contributor in ideating and executing digital marketing campaigns for artists and UMG’s owned-platforms. You will be a member of a small, seasoned, and nimble group of professionals based in LA and London and working with UMG marketing teams around the world. You will have the opportunity to produce some of the most high-profile, innovative digital campaigns worldwide.
- Develop creative marketing campaigns to drive high audience engagement and consumer loyalty.
- Partner with marketing innovation team and UMG music labels/territories on creative concepts for artist global campaigns and companywide digital marketing projects.
- Manage cutting-edge digital campaigns from conception to launch.
- Collaborate and manage third-party creative and tech developer agencies to execute materials assets and deliverables.
- Manage marketing budgets and work within budget limits.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to align campaign strategies and goals.
- Optimize digital marketing campaigns through analytics and testing.
- Liaison with label executive, artist and artist management on marketing and branding initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the latest consumer technology and knows how to harness it for marketing
- Deep knowledge in running a digital campaign, from development to tactical execution, with an emphasis on mobile, social, video, and an ability to tell stories through great ideas
- Strong understanding of marketing, analytics, and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns
- Embraces technology and has a very good understanding of the latest consumer technology and knows how to harness it for marketing
- “Finger on the pulse” of culture, digital, music, and marketing
- Able to bridge the gap between creativity, music consumption, and tech
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...