Digital Marketing Manager
Universal Music Group | Santa Monica, CA
Posted here May 21
It’s an exciting time to join UMG as we continue shaping the future of global music entertainment. Home to some of the world’s biggest artists.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the global Digital Marketing Innovation team. We are looking for an energetic, passionate Creative Marketing Manager in our Santa Monica, CA office. This is a great opportunity to join a team of innovators, who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives. Our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms, and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate. In this role, you will be a key contributor in ideating and executing digital marketing campaigns for artists and UMG’s owned-platforms. You will be a member of a small, seasoned, and nimble group of professionals based in LA and London and working with UMG marketing teams around the world. You will have the opportunity to produce some of the most high-profile, innovative digital campaigns worldwide.
- Develop creative marketing campaigns to drive high audience engagement and consumer loyalty.
- Partner with marketing innovation team and UMG music labels/territories on creative concepts for artist global campaigns and companywide digital marketing projects.
- Manage cutting-edge digital campaigns from conception to launch.
- Collaborate and manage third-party creative and tech developer agencies to execute materials assets and deliverables.
- Manage marketing budgets and work within budget limits.
- Work cross-functionally with internal departments to align campaign strategies and goals.
- Optimize digital marketing campaigns through analytics and testing.
- Liaison with label executive, artist and artist management on marketing and branding initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the latest consumer technology and knows how to harness it for marketing
- Deep knowledge in running a digital campaign, from development to tactical execution, with an emphasis on mobile, social, video, and an ability to tell stories through great ideas
- Strong understanding of marketing, analytics, and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns
- Embraces technology and has a very good understanding of the latest consumer technology and knows how to harness it for marketing
- “Finger on the pulse” of culture, digital, music, and marketing
- Able to bridge the gap between creativity, music consumption, and tech
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 5+ years of marketing experience in music, entertainment, or advertising
- Experience managing a high volume of campaigns, while collaborating with diverse teams
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...