Digital Media Planner
Universal Music Group | Santa Monica, CA
Posted here June 25
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
You’ll experience the following perks as a full-time UMG employee...
- Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30+days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
- Employee Development – We’re invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you’ll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
- Culture and Environment – You’ll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
- Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG’s donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
The Digital Media Planner role sits within UMe Digital Marketing team and will be responsible for the planning and execution of paid digital media strategy. The successful applicant will create digital media campaigns from top to bottom, track results and tweak campaigns on the fly as appropriate. This role will require an individual who is able to speak the language of UMe artists and who is also a native user of a myriad of digital, social and ad platforms.
The successful applicant will be expected to collaborate with other members of the Digital Marketing, Marketing, and Senior Management teams, as well as other departments within the company as appropriate. As such, this role requires an expert communicator who is skilled at creating actionable reports and communicating return on investment from all projects to the company’s leadership team. This person should be a self-starter who is confident in their ability to make changes and improve their plans as new data and marketing opportunities present themselves. They should not be afraid to challenge conventional media buying strategies and tactics in an ever-changing landscape and should be prepared to back up their creative instincts and ideas with supporting analysis.
- Responsible for all of UMe digital media buys across various DSPs, native, and programmatic platforms.
- Handle the buying of all day-to-day deliverables and maintenance of media campaigns.
- Assist in the development of media program strategies, analysis, and reporting.
- Aid with educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data-driven techniques.
- Work with the marketing team to understand campaign goals and audience.
- Liaise with the creative team to develop media strategies and campaigns.
- Make decisions on the best form(s) of media for specific campaigns.
- Undertake research and analyze data using internal data sets.
- Educate and share learnings with marketing teams.
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Present proposals and schedules to internal stakeholders.
- Recommend the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations.
- Proofread advertisement content before release.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns in order to inform future campaigns.
- Adapt effective media plans based on digital budgets.
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Spotify, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Google Adwords and more.
- Navigate, explore, and execute programmatic and native campaigns.
- Proficient communicator with excellent copywriting skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI, and learnings.
- Dependable, team player able to work independently and in groups with people of all backgrounds.
- A passionate music fan with a strong affinity toward hip-hop, pop, R&B.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a media planner/media buyer.
- Experience with Google Adwords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Spotify and more.
- Quantitative/Analytical skills including experience with media forecasting and analysis.
- Familiarity/experience with Google Analytics, Target Group Index, ComScore, Tableau, and Sysomos.
- Programmatic experience.
- Degree in Marketing or an equivalent college diploma/certificate.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...