Digital Music Catalog Specialist
Amazon Music | Seattle, WA
Posted here April 30
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
The Digital Music Operations team is responsible for generating content for Amazon’s various digital music services. Our goal is to build technologies, metadata, and processes that create distinctive products for our customers and services all over the world.
The Digital Music Operations team manages the global digital supply chain of content, from partner deliveries to publishing on Amazon’s storefronts and devices. The Catalog Specialist is responsible for supporting the Digital Music experience through creating and upholding metadata standards. This includes managing the daily quality control of content, prioritization of work queues, and auditing and editing music metadata.
If you love music and want to be a part of the Digital Music revolution – this is the place to start!
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred up to 2 years; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Spanish language skills a must.
- Diligent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Familiarity with managing product flow in a digital supply chain – maximizing efficiency, reducing cycle time, maintaining quality, etc.
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise with MS Windows, MS Office tools including MS-Excel. Experience with SQL a plus.
- Team player with demonstrated capability to work in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Able to diagnose technical issues on a variety of platforms and tools in order to address and troubleshoot chronic system problems.
- High level of music knowledge and a passion for all musical genres and sub genres.
- Music industry experience a plus but not required.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...