Director, Digital Marketing
Kobalt Music (AWAL) | Los Angeles, CA
Posted here July 9
As Director of Digital Marketing for AWAL, you will lead and implement digital marketing campaigns for a diverse roster of artists. You will work closely with the US AWAL Marketing team and direct digital campaign strategies. This role will also be responsible for cross communication with the digital account, sales, promotion, marketing, sync, and publicity teams. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of all digital and social platforms and best practices, plus existing relationships across the digital landscape.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL. Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. Our roster of clients includes artists such as Lauv, R3HAB, Timeflies, The Wombats, Betty Who, Rex Orange County, Tom Misch, and Bruno Major.
We’re currently over 500 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
What does Directory, Digital Marketing at AWAL do?
- Lead digital marketing campaigns and strategy for a roster of AWAL artists
- Manage digital advertising campaigns
- Direct and provide best practices for artist social media campaigns
- Manage digital marketing campaign budgets
- Serve as a primary relationship manager for digital and social platforms
- Identify emerging technologies and communicate best practices across AWAL departments
- Analyze data regularly
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience working within music marketing, specifically digital marketing
- In depth knowledge of digital marketing, social marketing and best practices
- An understanding of digital revenue accounts
- Relationships & experience working with YouTube MCNs (Multi Channel Networks) and play-listing partners
- Working relationships with social media and influential digital platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing marketing campaigns from strategy to implementation
- Prior experience handling and managing budgets
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...