Director Of Event Services
Tennessee Performing Arts Center | Nashville, TN
Posted here July 30
Goal and Position Overview
To represent TPAC as the "Gold Standard" within the performing arts center and public assembly/facility management industry through uncompromised work ethic and outstanding performance, providing a quality start-to-finish facility rental product and experience for TPAC and clients.
The Director of Event Services functions as Supervisor and Event Manager under the supervision of and in coordination with the Senior Director of Event Operations. The Director of Event Services is required to help develop, schedule, coordinate & effectively communicate the needs of all events; including internal TPAC and WMAP Programming, TPAC Resident Companies, TPAC Education, State and Rental clients. This position requires availability for both nights and weekends.
- Supervises and trains Event Services staff to communicate services available to clients and promoters. Works with clients and staff to determine event requirements, set up and staffing needs, rates, equipment needs; coordinates, arranges and documents event requirements requested by promoters, agents and clients and communicates those to other employees and vendors to ensure smooth event operations; assures setups are done in accordance with lease requirements, safety, fire and health codes and facility procedures.
- Oversees event management services for all events in TPAC-managed spaces, unless otherwise assigned.
- Facilitates planning and scheduling of events by interacting with facility staff to ensure efficient management of daily activities, delivering exceptional service, promote in-house events, and monitors event requirements.
- Makes or arranges for last minute adjustments in room or equipment setups at the request of the lessee or to assure compliance with safety measures and prepares an accurate statement of additional changes for settlement purposes.
- Coordinates the preparation of cost estimates as needed for use by facility or promoter; arranges and performs event settlement at conclusion of the event; maintains records of individual events; maintains mailing lists and event files.
- Assumes responsibility for resolving problems during course of assigned events; receives and responds to complaints from tenants, patrons and the public.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees daily operation of the Event Services (ES) department and provides departmental leadership.
- Creates schedule and assigns Event Services Managers to all confirmed events at all TPAC & WMA venues to include nights and weekends.
- Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures, especially pertaining to areas of financial and legal exposure for TPAC.
- Creates an accurate annual budget for Department 15.
- Maintains/Oversees budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Manage this process with direct reports and monitor status for reforecasting purposes.
- Regularly monitors any revenue pieces through appropriate reports.
- Regularly monitors expenses through PO’s & payroll approvals and monthly monitoring through thorough review of financials received from the Business Office.
- Notifies supervisor immediately of any impending non-trivial variances (revenues or expenses) as soon as they become evident.
- Develops a high performing team that works well together and is empowered to make decisions; cultivates a culture of openness and fairness continuously striving towards improved and timely communications and team performance to fulfill goals and objectives. Ensures personal & departmental members’ ability to be successful in interfacing with all internal departments, in particular Tech, House, and Food & Beverage, to distribute and disseminate information integral to the successful implementation of events, as well as to fine tune, define and upgrade the types of services and products we offer to be successfully competitive.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Directly supervises:
- Event Services, consisting of (5) full time employees.
- Issues invoices, monitors receivables and is responsible for collections. Administers and/or supervises settlements as required, including handling large sums of money.
- Oversees event distribution & schedule for ES department for all TPAC & WMA venues.
- Serves as (or delegates) Event Manager to all TPAC clients; maintaining consistent, quality service as well as fostering a relationship of goodwill and partnership with each group.
- Maintains knowledge of deal structures and supports their fulfillment at the time of settlement. Administers & assists others with settlement as assigned.
- Oversees processing of event records and rental activity reports for performance licensing agencies (ASCAP, SECAC, and BMI), state revenue authorities, and various internal departments.
- Strives for excellence in maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records of all events, expenses, revenues and payments to external vendors & industry organizations.
- Serves as a liaison between venue, clients, and outside vendors in order to maintain TPAC’s growing reputation of having the most knowledgeable and customer-friendly event staff. Communicates and coordinates production requirements accordingly.
- Manages ES team regarding event files, facility usage, and other associated operations databases.
- Creates (or delegates) all necessary room diagrams.
- Acts as “Manager on Duty” as required.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned by Senior Director of Event Operations.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...