Director of Product Management
Concord Music | Beverly Hills, CA
Posted here June 25
Concord Music is one of the world’s largest independent record companies, the home of an exciting group of labels including Concord, Fantasy, Loma Vista, Fearless, Rounder, and the iconic music brands Stax, Prestige, Riverside, Vanguard, Musart and many more. We produce, market and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. We also have a philosophy of helping artists build long-term careers. Our expanding roster includes both legendary and exciting new artists, with a large focus on fostering our rich history. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a modern music company with a deep catalog.
Craft Recordings, the catalog division of Concord Music, offers a tightly curated selection of deluxe CD and vinyl box sets, hi-resolution digital albums, stand-alone LPs, as well as digital and streaming releases. The Craft team creates meticulously produced, detailed packaging, with a commitment to preservation and a devotion to quality. The label’s repertoire includes artists such as R.E.M., Traveling Wilburys, Creedence Clearwater Revival, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, Little Richard, The Staple Singers, Thelonious Monk, Joan Baez, John Lee Hooker, Evanescence, and Nine Inch Nails, to name just a few.
Craft Recordings is looking for a Director of Product Management to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive marketing strategies for frontline catalog releases and legacy artists.
- Work closely with artists/managers/estates, and the label team, to define and execute marketing campaigns which serve to communicate legacy, reignite fan-bases, extend audience reach, and drive commercial results
- Act as day-to-day project lead on assigned releases – ensuring that each project receives the appropriate level of marketing, advertising and publicity needed, to effectively drive revenue through physical sales, downloads, streaming, merchandise, and synch
- Manage deadlines and develop essential marketing material for each project – including sales sheets, biographies, press releases, online media kits, marketing plans, instant grat. tracks, social media, and editorial content, playlists, and advertising assets
- Create, build, and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners (brands, media, influencers), and key stakeholders
- Continuously innovate to identify new revenue and promotional opportunities, including D2C offerings, merchandising, live initiatives, and strategic partnerships
- Work alongside the Stream Team and Digital Marketing to strategize catalog streaming playlist initiatives, as well as drive content discovery and audience reach for the label and artists
- Collaborate with shared services department, and outside partners as appropriate, to develop marketing tools and strategies for each release, within set budget parameters
- Work with A&R during product development and release setup, to push through the production process (where applicable, helping to conceive the concept / art direction with Creative Department)
- Prospect to suggest and/or develop and execute A&R concepts, through Craft channels
- Experience in music marketing (6+ years), ideally working with catalog and legacy artists
- Passionate and knowledgeable about music (wide-ranging genres and eras)
- Creative marketing approach, with a deep understanding and interest in streaming platforms, social media outlets, digital trends and new technologies
- Strong copywriting skills; for press releases, sales sheets, newsletters, social/web content, etc.
- Comfortable managing many tasks and projects at the same time; must be able to prioritize and follow through
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic partnerships
- Proven strong leadership skills
- Be goal and results oriented, in order to “move the needle”
- Excellent presentation, analytical, and communication skills
- Team orientated, with the ability to collaborate and communicate well with others
- Strong attention to detail
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...