Director of Programming
Analog at Hutton Hotel | Nashville, TN
Posted here February 19
A permanent staff position is available for a Director of Programming. This position is responsible for booking a broad spectrum of top tier and culturally relevant entertainment experiences on a weekly basis within Analog at Hutton Hotel. The ideal candidate will possess a wealth of entertainment industry contacts across all major divisions including management, label, agency and venues. Additionally, a keen understanding of popular music and focus on culturally relevant happenings is a must. The winning candidate will be a resident of Nashville for the past 5 years or more having held a position in at least one of the aforementioned segments of the music/entertainment industry.
- Independently generate booking opportunities for Analog resulting in a minimum of 3-4 nights per week featuring live entertainment*
- Attendance for live entertainment is expected at a minimum of 150 guests
- Develop, establish and maintain industry relationships on behalf of Analog/Hutton Hotel
- Represent Analog as the artist/management liaison before, during and after each event
- Oversee a team of support staff including financial, technical, marketing and PR disciplines
- Problem solving with artists, industry executives and guests
- Work with Beverage Manager and executive team to develop and implement policies specific to programming or operations as needed
- Work with Director of Operations for the Writers’ Studios to maximize efforts with Analog productions
- Extend the Analog business model on a regular basis with new entertainment options and/or ways to improve existing offerings
- Live entertainment should also include comedy, performance art, magic, etc. but the focus is on music for 75% of all programming.
- Nashville resident for a minimum of last five years
- Combined 5-7 years experience in artist management, booking, recording, touring, label relations
- A minimum of five references from various divisions of the music industry
- A firm perspective on the arts – Fashion, TV/Film, Art, Design
- Interest/basic knowledge and awareness of trends in food, beverage, and hospitality
- 4 year degree is preferred but not mandatory
- Financial management and marketing experience as it relates to the position
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Artist management, booking, label relationships: 5 years
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...