BMI | Nashville, TN
Posted here April 30
Process information from a variety of sources using systems, tools and resources that support the accurate and timely distribution of royalty payments to BMI affiliates.
Functions Of The Job
- As applicable, process cue sheets, link performances and perform other necessary tasks to meet team goals and deadlines
- Actively participate in a training program with the goal of successful completion of the requirements for this position
- Ability to apply policies, procedures and guidelines relevant to this business function
- Communicate with Team Leader and/or Manager on a regular basis regarding work-related issues and questions
- Utilize experience and knowledge to meet established departmental goals for quantity and quality
- Ability to perform all tasks and functions handled by a specific team
- Regular attendance
- Stay abreast of current industry trends relevant to BMI’s business
- Support BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Other relevant duties as needed
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services AV Team
- Process Cue Sheets.
- Identify performances on cable stations, digital audio sources and any other audio visual identification needs
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Audio Team
- Process Music Report Submissions.
- Identify performances reported by audio music reporting sources
- Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to charting works and other high priority content
Specific to Distribution and Administration Services Foreign Incoming Team
- Process Audio and Audio Visual distribution payments made by foreign Performing Rights Organizations
- Create manual payments to our affiliates
- Review and reconcile quality assurance reports related to resolution and payment of Foreign Incoming royalties
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
Experience or familiarity with an operational/processing field or music-related field. Knowledge of or passion for music preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient keyboard and PC skills
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, detail-oriented work environment
- Sensible judgment
- Effective decision making skills
- Foreign language helpful but not required
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to interact professionally with others at all levels
- Attention to detail
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog