Divisional Music & Creative Arts Director
The Salvation Army | New York, NY
Posted here February 26
Work to ensure that the primary goal of all ministries conducted out of the Music and Creative Arts department are Christ centered, leading the program participants to a deeper relationship with Christ and aligns with our mission
Promote the advancement of Salvation Army music and creative arts by:
Oversee and give leadership to our music camps, summer conservatories, seminars and weekly music ministries
Oversee the training of leaders within each corps on how to begin and then sustain a music and creative arts program on the local level
Collaborate with local educational institutions throughout the division in hopes of exploring new avenues of ministry opportunities
Develop goals for the corps and division related to music and creative arts ministries and work with the music and creative arts staff to meet these goals.
Oversee the music and artistic ensembles and assign leadership to each of these groups.
Oversee divisional music and creative arts events each year:
Music & Creative Arts Camp
Junior Music & Creative Arts Conservatory
Senior Music & Creative Arts Conservatory
Divisional Star Search
- Oversee and give guidance to divisional participation in the following territorial events:
- Star Lake Musicamp
- NYSB All Stars
- Singing Stars
- Rose Bowl Participation
- Territorial Star Search
- Territorial Arts Ministry Conservatory
- Oversee and provide music and creative arts support for divisional events.
- Youth Councils
- Family Camp
- Good Friday Service
- Christmas Gala
- SET/FET Events
- Other events as requested
- Implement an outcome based measurement tool to determine the musical progress of those in our music programs
- Build relationships with the five Adult Rehabilitation Centers in the division in order to lend support related to music and creative arts when needed for events or ongoing ministry.
- Oversee and develop plans for travelling ministry opportunities for the divisional music and creative arts ensembles (ministry weekends, mission trips etc).
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the divisional music library and instrument resources
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the divisional creative arts resources and props involved in the program
- Develop a yearly calendar for creative arts and music ministries in coordination with the Secretary for Program
- Regularly visit corps throughout the division to monitor both the music and creative arts program and the effectiveness of the music and creative arts staff
- Serve on the faculty of Star Lake Musicamp or Territorial Arts Ministries Conservatory as requested
- Teach students in two corps during the week
- Oversee Music and Creative Arts department personnel and schedules
- Perform yearly performance evaluations for each music and creative arts staff member
- Create department budget and special events budgets for each event on the divisional music and creative arts calendar
- Statistical recording and monthly statistical review of creative arts and music programs
- Create any music and creative arts related reports required by DHQ administration
- Coordinate with development department any opportunities to raise funds needed for music and creative arts events or ministry opportunities.
- Responsible for the preparation of program-related logistics of the special events held within the division, such as: Communication to program participants Communication with all technical vendors Preparation of tech sheets Schedule and lead production meeting
- Responsible for coordination of all onsite program-related logistics, such as:
Running sound checks
Calling the technical elements of the show
Instruction to production assistants
Briefing program participants
- Participate in the development and creative process in planning special events
- Assist with specific projects and events as need.
- Work with the development department on annual fundraising events
- Be the divisional liaison to the territorial music department
- Be the divisional liaison to the territorial creative arts department
- Serve on a variety of divisional and territorial committees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a uniformed Salvationist in good standing
- Must be willing to actively soldier at a corps in the Greater New York Division
- Strong Christian testimony of faith and holiness as this is a ministry position
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience in Salvation Army creative arts and music programming and leadership
- Experience in supervising people and planning programs
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...