Head of Client Marketing & Audience Development
Symphonic Distribution | New York
Posted here May 21
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer, and based in New York City, Symphonic’s newly established Head of Client Marketing & Audience Development will oversee a global team focused on marketing our artist and labels’ music and growing their audiences. In an era when the role of label, manager, and distributor is constantly shifting alongside the needs of artists, you will define and implement Symphonic’s comprehensive global client marketing strategy.
You are an entrepreneurial leader who’s constantly thinking about new and innovative ways to market creative work.
You live to develop THE killer strategy to market an artist. You’ve worked at a label, distributor or management company, managed people, and have had continued success breaking new artists. You will work with retail sales folks, managers, labels, agents, publicists, app developers, advertising strategists, key influencers, and the artists themselves to build bespoke music marketing strategies and KPIs.
We will trust you to:
- Build a worldwide team in strategic locations to market our client’s music
- Develop, implement, and measure bespoke campaigns for emerging and established artists’ newly released music
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize opportunities and campaigns; test new channels and partnerships to expand our brand reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities
You will need to have:
- 5+ years working in a key marketing role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency.
- Entrepreneurial DNA. You’ve built departments or projects from scratch and seen them through to success.
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- Successful track record developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies for creative work
- A passion for and knowledge of the electronic and hip-hop genres
- Very strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Ability to travel on a regular basis (potentially 25%)
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...