Label Services Specialist
Warner Music Group | Nashville, TN
Posted here July 9
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A Little Bit About Our Team
Our team is front facing, and works with our labels and their artists to grow experiences, content, audiences and visibility. We are the team that works with partner companies, influencers and the artists themselves to connect the individual pieces to form the whole.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
We are looking for a high-energy, creative, curious and enthusiastic Label Services Specialist. Individuals need to be motivated and dynamic self-starters that can execute strategies that are national in scope, but connected to our local markets. This individual needs to fit into a small, dedicated team to support our efforts across the retail, influencer and lifestyle landscapes.
Here You’ll Get To
- Own the Record Store Crawl lifecycle in your territory including the planning, marketing, execution and reporting for multiple crawls.
- Partner with retail accounts/influencers/brand partners to amplify regional activity and content to promote key releases and market promotions.
- Create and manage marketing activities with Independent Retail, Lifestyle accounts, influencers and in-house brands.
- Execute retail and non-traditional artist events (e.g. in-stores, signings, local retail appearances) including all marketing and facilitating account orders as needed.
- Conceptualize or secure content to integrate our artists into local social media efforts as well as regional and national influencer platforms.
- Liaison with Warner Music U when appropriate and work to develop new leads, brand partnerships and contacts to further our combined marketing reach.
- Plan and execute consumer acquisition initiatives with retail accounts, brands and partners to build WEA owned channels.
- Participate in bi-weekly marketing calls, discussing and strategizing artist priorities and in-market campaigns.
- Prepare and submit reports and participate in sales and marketing meetings as necessary.
Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- You have passion for music, the music industry, marketing and team work.
- You are a self-starter, motivated, independent with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You can manage your time, excel at organization and are able to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- You are a relationship builder: you connect contacts across regions, labels and staff to achieve success.
- You are a creative thinker, goal oriented and a team player
- You are comfortable and adept in Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as established and emerging social media platforms.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 3 years of label or music distribution sales and marketing experience
- A college degree, preferably in communication, marketing or music industry
- An understanding of current music business challenges, and is an active user of one or more music streaming, download or subscription services
- Passion for music and/or a vinyl collection
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...