Licensing Associate (Inside Sales)
ASCAP | Nashville, TN
Posted here June 25
Established in 1914, ASCAP is the first and leading Performing Rights Organization (PRO) in the United States. The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 670,000 members representing more than 11.5 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members. See www.ascap.com.
As an ASCAP Licensing Associate, you will work to identify unlicensed music users and connect with them, by phone, in order to educate them on ASCAP and the need for permission when music is used in public. You will research leads, act as a liaison between music users and copyright owners, and call on businesses that play music in order to sell performing rights licenses.
By identifying these unlicensed music users and assisting them through the ASCAP licensing process, you will be playing an extremely important role in ensuring that songwriters have the ability to thrive alongside the businesses that use their music every day.
- Generate new business through the sale of performing rights licenses to music users by phone
- Research in order to follow up with new business prospects
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly motivated & organized
- Enthusiastic and confident
- A great listener
- Has sales experience; in-person and/or cold calling
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of sales situations and clientele
- Holds oneself to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics
- A music lover who understands the value of music and the scope music plays in businesses
- Has a high level of computer proficiency (e.g. data entry, MS Office and/or Google Docs; CRM experience a plus)
Prospects/Clientele can include:
- Dance schools
- Eating and drinking establishments
- Fitness facilities
- Entertainment parks
- Moderate salary base with a generous monthly commission that can greatly enhance annual compensation total
- Commission is based upon: meeting and/or exceeding monthly standards and meeting and/or exceeding monthly revenue goals
- Eligibility for a generous benefits package
- A choice of either HMO or Point-of-Service (POS) medical and dental plans
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with match
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Long term disability insurance
- Basic life insurance, supplemental and dependent life insurance options
- Employer paid retirement savings program
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog