SESAC | Nashville, TN
Posted here January 15
SESAC is looking for a Licensing Coordinator for our Nashville office that is detail oriented, calm under pressure, and thrives in a fast-paced team environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for ensuring song writers are properly compensated for their work and be capable of:
- Maintaining and updating databases at the same speed that Lady Antebellum’s Need You Now soared to the top of the charts.
- Ensuring accuracy of work and multi-tasking with the same success that Filip Forsberg scores goals for the Nashville Predators.
- Communicating with licensees and team members with the same ease that Neil Diamond writes hits.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Administering and maintaining cable and new media licenses, by: providing ongoing support and customer service throughout the term of the license, requesting required reports, issuing invoices, updating fees, and tracking upcoming expirations.
- Ensuring receipt of required reports from radio licensees and issuing invoices accordingly.
- Reviewing any unapplied licensee payments to ensure all revenue is properly accounted for and posted to the correct account.
- Moving any misapplied payments to the correct account.
- Preparing account reconciliations for Collections and Customer Service.
- Assisting with report processing as needed.
- Processing incoming license agreements, by: preparing, distributing and archiving fully executed copies of agreements, assisting with account related questions, processing adjustments, etc.
- Working with management team to identify and implement process improvements that support increased efficiency of the Licensing Administration process.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned.
What Make You Qualified:
- Thoroughness in completing job tasks and flexibility in shifting priorities.
- Highly organized with an ability to multi-task while simultaneously maintaining attention to detail and ensuring accuracy of work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years’ administrative experience preferred.
- Written and verbal communication skills that allow you to confidently and appropriately respond to customer questions.
- A team oriented attitude and willingness to jump in and help out on special projects as needed.
- Experience working with Oracle databases is a plus but not required.
- Passion for music and learning about the music rights industry preferred.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...