Local Arts Advancement Programs Manager
Americans for the Arts’ | Washington DC
Posted here November 2
The Local Arts Advancement Department works to strengthen the capacity of local arts and community leaders who are committed to building healthy, equitable and vibrant communities through the arts. It does so by implementing online and in-person programming in communities across the country that address the most pressing leadership and strategic skills needed to affect change.
The Local Arts Advancement team brings to bear Americans for the Arts’ unique experience in professional development, visibility and strategic partnerships to provide vital tools, information and resources to advocates, arts professionals and allies on the ground, all in an effort to establish and implement favorable policies benefitting arts and cultural organizations, artists and local cultural development across America.
Working with and reporting to the Director of Local Arts Services, the manager:
- Develops Americans for the Arts’ comprehensive full-career-spectrum field education offerings to develop competent and informed local, regional and national arts professionals.
- Develops a suite of programs and resources centered around the full leadership pipeline and organizational needs to receive a diverse workforce.
- Manages an Emerging Leaders Network by building a connected network of arts professionals who are entering or new to the field.
- Manages a Mid-career Leaders Network by building a connected network of arts professionals who are established in their career path and looking to continue to grow and learn.
- Manages an Executive Leaders Network by building a connected network of arts professionals who are seasoned in the field of practice and can share their knowledge with the field at large.
- Coordinates a team of cross-departmental content providers and subject matter experts to build robust learning opportunities in the Americans for the Arts education platform (ArtsU).
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.