Manager, Commercial Partnerships (Streaming)
Capitol Christian Music Group | Brentwood, TN
Posted here April 9
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
Capitol Christian Music Group is currently seeking a dedicated employee to maximize marketing, positioning and placement of our key albums and singles, while hitting or exceeding monthly and yearly revenue objectives by effectively promoting our artists, products and programs to all assigned digital partners while balancing the needs of the consumer and assessing the competitive landscape.
The ideal candidate will grow consumption through developing relationships and strategies that equip CCMG to continue to be the market leader in the Christian and Gospel music space. Be a champion for innovation and relentless execution, developing resources that exceed the expectations of our partners (Label/Artist, CMG staff, and Accounts) in keeping with CCMG’s Mission and Vision.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with assigned digital partners by providing tools & data, new promotional and positioning ideas, identifying and sharing trends and highlighting priority artists/albums/EP’s and singles.
- Be the passionate advocate for our artist’s music with streaming partners.
- Achieve or exceed monthly and yearly revenue objectives by effectively promoting Capitol CMG artists, products, and programs.
- Proactively engage Capitol CMG labels to develop, implement, and review overall strategy for each release through assigned partners.
- Identify and exploit new opportunities to increase music consumption.
- Secure features and develop relationships with online partners.
- Serve as the primary Capitol CMG contact for assigned Universal Music Group Commercial Partnership reps and assigned partners, building and maintaining a strong relationship to ensure strategic and operational alignment.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to leadership team concerning trends, digital partner changes, opportunities, product performance, successes and missed opportunities, and other relevant information concerning market conditions.
- Educate and influence assigned digital partners on the Christian/Gospel genre consumer and specific Capitol CMG artist’s fans by leveraging consumer research & insights.
- Troubleshoot delivery issues and identify new product opportunities to increase revenues through working knowledge of the UMG digital supply chain.
- Assess and analyze the success of partner promotions via performance review and consumer and account response to ensure increased performance on future promotions.
- Must have a full and complete knowledge and understanding of digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and others.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be able to assess and creatively solve problems. Must also be able to prepare and give effective written and oral presentations and reports.
- Must be an excellent communicator, problem solver and quick to adapt to a changing environment.
- Understanding of digital music and publishing fundamentals.
- Proven time management and project management skills to facilitate meeting deadlines.
- Minimum three years of experience in digital music sales and/or marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...