Manager, Digital Accounts
Warner Music Group | Burbank, CA
Posted here April 30
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
The Digital Accounts Team manages account relationships with WMG’s digital partners. The team is responsible for maximizing WMG digital revenue and market share while ensuring operational account efficiencies and executing WMG's digital strategy.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Manager, Digital Accounts will deliver revenue for the company by maximizing efficiencies with each assigned digital account. Additionally, the Manager, Digital Accounts will optimize commercial, marketing, and operational aspects of their account base.
Here you’ll get to:
- Manage all business, operational issues, and relationships with all assigned accounts to drive revenue and increase market share.
- Negotiate merchandising of new releases, priorities, and catalog based on artist activity and label goals.
- Develop and execute promotions while maximizing discretionary opportunities.
- Maintain strong knowledge of partner’s goals and business strategy and communicate information to the company, labels, business development, and analysis teams.
- Work with label for scheduling and implementation of artist performances at account offices, possibly accompanying artists from time-to-time.
- Prepare regular account presentations utilizing Sales Analysis and account marketing information.
- Audit and manage catalog ingestions and work closely with operations team to streamline and ensure efficient process/procedure in product setup, delivery, and timely go-live at all partners.
- Coordinate scheduling and execution of business reviews and follow up on action items with key accounts
- Contribute feedback to weekly reporting on new releases, developing artists, account activity, marketing efforts, competitive issues and catalog promotions.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with label sales contacts and WEA and ADA senior management share updated information, revenue trends, account opportunities, best practices, case studies, and answer questions, concerns, etc.
- Provide accounts with appropriate sales tools such as web banners, playlists and contesting elements.
- Provide accounts with regular updates including, but not limited to: B2B upgrades, new release changes, catalog takedowns/additions/deletions, account performance and new product announcements.
- Aggregate sales and marketing information on new releases to share with key account managers.
- Maintain key team documents to ensure data is updated, accurate and easily accessible.
- Manage all day-to-day activities as well as all business and travel expenses.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Collaborate with labels in development, negotiation, and execution of sales and marketing programs.
- Create, present, and execute creative marketing plans in order to achieve specific goals with regard to new releases and catalog.
- Manage the complete and timely flow of communication between WEA, our label partners, the account and international affiliates (where necessary).
- Maintain superior understanding of accounts’ major marketing initiatives, systems, and logistical processes.
- Conduct formal weekly presentations for new products to accounts’ editorial and marketing staff.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships at every level of the account, including senior management, the editorial, marketing, operations, logistics, credit, and finance teams.
- Offer intelligence on account SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats)
- Consistently inform WEA management of all competitive policies and practices, conduct ongoing analysis of product sales, and make recommendations to account to mutually grow our businesses.
- Leverage owned and distributed label content together to gain best access and placements/sales.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- A passion and interest in developing artists and music
- An understanding of digital music services
- A strong working knowledge of ad-supported, subscription and other digital business models
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and execute specific outlined initiatives
- Ability to work under pressure, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years Music Sales and/or Marketing or equivalent digital retail experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...