Manager, Digital Marketing
Warner Music Group | New York, NY
Posted here February 12
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
One of the most iconic and enduring labels in music history, Atlantic in its seventh decade continues to be marked by musical diversity, embracing a spectrum of chart-topping performers who span the contemporary musical landscape – including such stars as Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Janelle Monae, Lil Uzi Vert, Death Cab For Cutie, Kelly Clarkson, Cardi B and Wiz Khalifa.
Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing (primarily Urban projects)
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology, unlike any other at a record label. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Manager, Digital Marketing gets to work with some of the most urgent, creative artists in the urban music space. This position is responsible for digital marketing strategy and detailed planning, content development and management, fan acquisition and CRM best practices, social networking and media optimization, influencer marketing, advertising planning and more. The Manager of Digital Marketing is focused on the creation and building of Atlantic’s artist communities as they serve as the core of the long-term 360 relationship between label and artist. The right candidate has a voracious appetite for new digital marketing and technology, is highly creative, extremely motivated, and loves being a part of a music marketing team. The position requires a deep knowledge of rap/hip hop/R&B music scene and lifestyle marketing.
Here you’ll get to:
- Work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for artists on Atlantic and the label’s associated labels
- Construct community/fan-building initiatives. Examples of online involvement include: fan recruitment through artists social and email lists
- Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests) optimized for each distribution network/channel
- Provide ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online, with measured KPIs to validate success of each campaign
- Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
- Create and execute online lifestyle marketing campaigns that brand artists, aggregate fans and mobilize fans to promote Atlantic's artists and music
- Brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online advertising campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
- Work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
- Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
- Prepare regularly-required online marketing summaries and plans
- Assist in the creation and execution of artist editorial calendars and publishing schedules
What Makes a Rockstar candidate?
- You are nice
- You are extremely creative
- Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
- Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
- Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, social networks, content marketing
- Understanding of digital ad buys, including social, retargeting, search and beyond
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of popular photo and video applications including Photoshop/ImageReady/Final Cut/iMovie
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines
- Experience with digital marketing analytics tools
- Experience writing and editing music copy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize and execute campaigns in a timely manner
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 2-4 years of digital marketing experience
- 2-4 years of music industry experience preferred; other related experience considered
- Music/entertainment-related internships or experience
- Creative marketing, video, design or ecommerce experience
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...