Manager, Market Research Analysis
Country Music Association (CMA) | Nashville, TN
Posted here June 4
Through a passion for mining and applying data to business and marketing issues and opportunities, this position contributes to Country Music Association market research and analytics initiatives. These initiatives will support various stakeholder groups including organizational membership, staff, general industry, media and others in our mission to promote and growth the Country music genre.
- Organize, consolidate and mine CMA’s current subscription-based and syndicated market data tools to identify trends, market size growth metrics and other key strategic inputs.
- Develop and provide ongoing industry tracking deliverables that provide CMA members, staff and trade with economic and industry trends impacting the format including, but not limited to, music sales, media metrics and consumption patterns.
- Design, compile, and analyze primary survey research using SPSS, Excel, survey platform and other reporting tools.
- Develop and provide insightful country music consumer profiles which inform brand, category, media and music industry sponsorship opportunities.
- Create compelling research deliverables including presentations, white papers, newsletter content and more.
- Support ad-hoc events and initiatives which require market data inputs and insights.
- Coordinate required Nielsen TV ratings reporting and tracking for CMA needs.
- Other departmental duties as needed.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required:
- BA/BS in Business, Market Research, Marketing, Economics or related field required.
- 5+ years of work experience required in market research and analytics, marketing or related field. Media or music industry preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft WORD, Excel, PowerPoint as well as internet search tools required.
- SPSS or similar statistical package experience required.
- Knowledge of media and data tools such as Nielsen, MRI, MediaBase, BuzzAngle etc. preferred.
- Knowledge of market analytics principles and strategies that can be informed by over-arching research initiatives required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Working knowledge of market research and analytical methods and technologies required. Willingness and initiative to dive into data for business learning.
- Passion for data and the business stories that it can tell.
- Creative analytical skills including the ability to work with and synthesize large, multi-level and sometime disparate databases and identify relevant information.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to develop compelling and visually appealing content deliverables using charts, graphs and other creative techniques.
- Curiosity about consumer behaviors and their impact on brands, marketing and music/media.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively in both a team environment and individually. Self-disciplined and self-starter.
- Working knowledge of business statistics required (Descriptive statistics, conjoint analysis, ANOVA etc.).
- Ability to coordinate and meet deadlines for multiple and varied projects.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...