Manager, Music Publishing Partnerships
YouTube | Miami, FL
Posted here July 16
Our Global Alliances, Strategy and Operations team leads development of Google's most complex partnerships. In this Product Partnerships role, you will help craft Google’s overall affiliate strategy and work with internal product teams, aligning our partnerships with business objectives. This includes analyzing partnership relationships, conducting competitive assessments and coordinating with multiple product teams including Chrome, Social, Knowledge, Android and YouTube.
The Partnerships Development team is responsible for seeking and exploring new opportunities with Google's partners. Armed with your business acumen and extensive product knowledge, you are right on the front line of interacting with our partners, and helping them find ways to grow using Google's newest product offerings. Your knowledge of relevant verticals and relationships with key industry players will help shape our great applications and content for products such as YouTube, Google TV and Commerce.
As a Publishing Music-focused member of the LATAM Content Partnerships team, you will be responsible for a portfolio of established YouTube publishers and collection society partners along more established songwriters under Majors and Indie Publishers companies. Your role will be both external and internal with many cross-functional initiatives.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share.
- Consult and execute partnerships with content partners primarily for compositions rights.
- Manage day-to-day management of strategic composition rights partners in LATAM, such as local branches of major and independent music publishers and the various collecting societies.
- Prioritize agreement and business line development through analysis and deep understanding of YouTube's product roadmap.
- Define content acquisition vertical strategies, decide where to focus efforts, and choose mix of acquisition channels/methods.
- Initiate and maintain relations with content owners and/or creators, develop and/or lead scalable content acquisition programs, and help build content metrics and business infrastructure tools.
- BA/BS degree in Law or Business Administration, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant business experience in music and/or licensing music rights for digital music, broadcast or Internet businesses.
- Experience working on key publishing challenges, and trends in rights management, including sync rights, performance licenses (and withdrawals), collection societies and publisher/label relationships.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA and/or JD.
- Experience consulting complex music agreements.
- Experience with spreadsheet analysis, data management and YouTube’s Content Management System.
- A fluency with, or willingness to learn, technological concepts, financial models and product features.
- Ability to think strategically and convert complex issues into straightforward, timely action and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment.
- Developed relationships with senior level executives in publishing music industry in the region.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...