Manager, Promotions & Artist Development
Sony Music | Nashville, TN
Posted here July 2
- Do you want to help country music artists cut through the noise to reach new audiences?
- Would you relish an opportunity to use both your right brain and your left brain in your job? To use your creative side as an idea generator – but to also use your logical/analytical side to manage projects and timelines?
If so, consider this position as a Manager, Promotion/Artist Development. Everything this person does will help support efforts to maximize airplay, artist and song awareness, and sales for Sony Music Nashville (SMN) artists. You will serve as a conduit for communication and information flow between the label’s promotion, A&R, and marketing staffs. You will contribute to single and album launch marketing plans and manage relationships with national radio partners. You will use your project management skills to plan and execute promotion events.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
- Contribute to development of single and album launch marketing plans in partnership with SMN promotion leaders; manage implementation and execution in tandem with National Director; serve as promotion liaison with marketing team, providing radio perspective for single and album plans; work directly with marketing, media and creative teams to collect all assets needed for promotional efforts
- Communicate to relevant parties the promotion strategies for SMN artists based on release schedules and events; maintain direct line of communication with artist managers regarding promotion strategies as well as artist development opportunities
- In collaboration with marketing staff and content producer, solicit, compile, capture, and/or deliver all on-air, digital and social audio and video content for single / album launches specific to radio promotions
- Initiate, develop and manage relationships with national radio partners to create marketing promotions around album launch in efforts to maximize airplay, artist and song awareness, and sales:
- Run point internally for the fulfillment of all national chain special programming
- Organize, create and produce presentation materials for meetings with national radio chains
- Provide support to regional staff in implementation of national chain contests and promotions
- Serve as SMN digital marketing liaison for Radio Disney, iHeart, Cumulus / NASH, Entercom Digital Marketing, and Cumulus Digital Marketing & Promotions in partnership with relevant promotion leaders
- Schedule and execute artist interviews and content captures for national radio partners
- Pitch, confirm and execute SMN artist performances on national partner stages/venues during CMA Fest
- Contribute to planning of key promotion events including radio showcases and various radio chain meetings, as well as:
- Serve as primary SMN representative for country radio broadcasters and all activities related to annual Country Radio Seminar (CRS); initiate, plan and execute all SMN CRS events, hotel reservations, registrations, credentials and sponsorships; create, manage and communicate CRS master schedule
- Plan, budget, and execute SMN showcase at Key West Songwriters Festival
- Prepare and escort SMN artists during award show radio remotes in tandem with the National Director
- Oversee, schedule, and implement trade advertising campaigns
- Work with SMN brand partnership team to develop and implement strategic marketing partnerships related to radio promotion tours, artist showcases, CRS events, and Key West events; run point for brand partnership planning and execution for all on-air initiatives and promotions
- Provide administrative support to EVP, Promotion
- Design and deliver weekly one-Sheets and e-blasts for promotion staff in tandem with National Director; create and distribute weekly Tip Sheet for radio promotion
- Oversee distribution and compilation of bi-annual radio station compliance letters and one off pre-approvals
- Secure, train and oversee Promotion and Artist Development intern
- Experience in record promotions with proven success (country label promotions preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of the music industry (generally gained through 2 or more years of experience), particularly the interplay of airplay and marketing efforts in driving revenue)
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with an emphasis on detail
- Willing to work nights, weekends and travel as needed
- Proven ability to exhibit a professional manner and maintain constructive working relationships with others,
- Ability to meet deadlines, working on multiple priority tasks simultaneously; ability to maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job
- Ability to adapt behavior and manner based on expectations and needs of audience
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...