Manager, Recorded Music Royalties
BMG - The New Music Company | Nashville, TN or New York, NY
Posted here July 23
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
About The Position
The Manager, Recorded Music Royalties will provide high levels of support for the recorded music royalties team on various functions including contract review & royalty rate data entry, royalty data cleanup for artist and mechanical royalties in addition to royalty account analysis & reconciliation.
The position reports to the Director, Recorded Music Royalties and is based in Nashville, TN or New York, NY.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. They must possess strong communication skills in dealing with both internal and external contracts and be able to manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently, while meeting all assigned deadlines.
Key Department Interfaces: Accounting, Finance, Royalty Processing, A&R Administration, Legal & Business Affairs, Licensing, Creative
- Minimum 2 years of experience working at a music publisher or record label.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
- Advanced level of Excel is required
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Record Maestro and SAP proficiency is preferred
- Brief artist, producer or third party contracts and enter all royalty provisions into Record Maestro royalty system
- Review recoupable costs provided by finance team and upload to relevant royalty system accounts
- Support financial month/quarter end reconciliation of royalty accounts to SAP
- Research, analyze and clear unapplied royalty expense
- Review and reconciliation of accounts as part of royalty statement process
- Ensure and coordinate accurate & timely royalty payments with accounts payable team
- Respond to statement related client inquires in a timely manner
- Prepare royalty balance reports and payment requests for Finance/AP
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...