Manager, Tour Merchandise
Warner Music Group | Nashville, TN
Posted here June 18
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A Little Bit About Our Team
The Merchandise department supplies artist branded product to multiple channels of distribution on a global scale. Such channels include Wholesale, Web, Touring and Licensing. The Tour division is one of the most important revenue stream and artist relation touch points for this department.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
The Manager of Tour Merchandise is responsible for all aspects of the tour revenue stream. From A to Z, everything related to selling artist branded product on the road is their responsibility. This position requires integration of all departments including art, production, logistics and finance.
Here You’ll Get To
- Communicate with Product Managers to establish final product line
- Forecast individual projections, identifying final gross/per head
- Research client’s previous products lines/sales history
- Determine sizing and quantities which fit band’s current demographic
- Project road manager expenses, fees, if applicable
- Supervise product shipping/logistics
- Determine cheapest/best method(s) of shipping
- Help navigate split/drop shipments, helping diminish overstocking/spacing issues on the road
- Track product to destination
- International production/shipping/logistics
- Coordinate international tour production/shipping
- Determine production location, work with Product Managers to supply art, projections, etc. when necessary
- Hire/monitor independent sources
- Manage small tour operations
- Advance one-off, small tour, and/or festivals for select clients
- Hire local vendors, adjust merch contract if negotiable (invite venue to sell)
- Determine venue sales capabilities
- Retrieve settlements, cash from venues
- Customer Service
- Travel to artist performances to assure QC and logistic efficiencies.
- Collect money owed towards invoices
- Discuss future tours, client needs/interests, new designs
- Manage Full Service client tours
- Hire touring merchandise managers to professionally represent WEA
- Train each representative to follow WEA operations & regulations
- Manage road inventory
- Track and adjust inventory daily
- Submit reorders into production
- Avoid overstocking through continuous projections
- Follow up with Road Mangers
- Retrieve settlements daily
- Retrieve credit card batch reports and receipts
- Retrieve expense reports, receipts
- Work with accounting dept on tour summary reports
- Create a template to review all tour sales, taxing, venue share, vend fees, expenses, shipping costs, etc.
Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast paced work environment requiring strong multitasking skills, excellent time management and organizational skills, and a high attention to detail and follow up
- Strategic thinker and creative marketer
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure, communicates effectively, and meets deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...