SMG Royal Farms Arena | Baltimore, MD
Posted here February 26
Royal Farms Arena, an SMG managed facility, is currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator who will report directly to the Director of Marketing/Public Relations. The Coordinator will assist in the overall development, coordination, implementation and assessment of promotional and advertising strategies, social media, grassroots initiatives, and partnerships for the Royal Farms Arena, its events, clients and corporate efforts. Additionally, this position will supervise the internship program within department; including scheduling, task assignments, and follow through. This position works directly with cross functional teams; interacting with internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, schedules, supervises and evaluates all internships respective to the department.
- Develop, implement and assess all sales and advertising initiatives for the Royal Farms Arena.
- Creates and assesses promotional campaigns and/or marketing materials for the Arena, its events and its clients.
- Supports corporate promotional activities as requested.
- Provides coordination of client's promotional efforts.
- Develops informative marketing tools.
- Assists in the creation of marketing plans in compliance with stated budgets.
- Maintains up-to-date facility web site, Insider's Club and social media outlets (Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter).
- Evaluates new technology and product ideas; contributing new service offerings and identification of areas of innovation.
- Develop and manage the production of recaps for each promoter at the conclusion of an event.
Public & Community Relations Activities:
- Provide assistance and coordination of functional goals.
- Write and distribute press, radio and television news releases, media alerts, and eblasts to gain high and positive visibility for the Royal Farms Arena, its events and corporate efforts.
- Assists and implements character/talent appearances for TV, radio and community events.
- Investigates and responds to all patron complaints.
- Respond to inquiries requested by the public through royalfarmsarena.com.
- Maintain Royal Farms Arena Insider's Club including email and name registry, email blasts and newsletters.
- Assists with media credential requests.
- Assists with event recap/analysis at the conclusion of all events.
- Assists Director during events.
- Schedules, coordinates "mystery shopping" during events.
- Assists with Guest Services and/or related activities.
- Coordinates/escorts media during events as needed.
- Assists with escorting talent during PR media days.
Development & Maintenance of Working Relationships:
- Develops and maintains positive and productive working relationships with mass information media contacts.
- Acts as Arena liaison as required.
- Participates on appropriate committees to foster an overall positive and effective report between the Arena and community at large.
- Represents the Marketing/Public Relations Director as required.
- Assist in establishing, reviewing and maintaining a system of financial procedures that includes methods, accounts and controls for Marketing activities.
- Monitors revenue/expenditures for all required activities.
- Prepares invoices/billing for accurate and timely payment.
- Provides support and services, as requested to promoters, clients and/or vendors.
- Provides administrative support to above-stated functional areas of responsibility.
- Provides in-house graphic designing expertise and development.
- Maintains and distributes monthly calendar of events to appropriate media outlets and community organizations.
- Maintains and distributes weekly projected attendance figures for applicable events to appropriate media outlets and community organizations.
- Manages charity requests for contributions and donations.
- Maintains accurate mailing database.
- Manages local and national Public Relations "Hits" as it pertains to the Arena, SMG Corporate, and Promoters.
- Updating content of digital assets.
- Develop, implement and assess "special projects" as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...