Marketing Operations Manager
Songtrust | New York, NY
Posted here February 12
Founded in 2011, Songtrust, a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup, is revolutionizing the traditional music publishing business. Our clients – ranging from indie artists to Grammy Nominees – retain 100% ownership of their copyrights and receive professional publishing administration services. Our catalog consists of over 1,000,000 songs that have been performed and recorded by premiere artists.
Songtrust is the world's largest global royalty collection service and publishing administrator, enabling nearly 100,000 songwriters and over 15,000 publishers to collect their publishing royalties worldwide for over 1,000,000 copyrights. Our industry-leading online solutions help songwriters, artists, managers, labels and publishers simplify music rights management including the administration of music publishing assets, performing rights, and digital licensing.
Songtrust is looking for an entrepreneurial metrics driven, creative marketing, content and brand strategy leader to drive revenue growth and marketing efficiency by acting as a data liaison between Marketing, Sales, BD and Product. This role is responsible for developing, managing and executing operational processes and tasks in support of lead generation programs. Songtrust has developed the best of breed product in our space - it is time to grow our client base and invest in growing our brand.
- Lead our inbound and outbound marketing operations
- Efficiently and creatively grow the Songtrust client base through paid advertising and earned channels across web, mobile, and offline in collaboration with our marketing communication manager
- Build campaign and testing roadmaps against key business growth initiatives.
- Execute and optimize marketing campaigns, with a focus on increasing efficiency of spend through A/B testing.
- Gather & analyze data, information, opinion, and research (e.g., market data, competitive analysis, advertiser/consumer trends, etc.) through quantitative and qualitative mechanisms to make decisions on critical strategic issues
- Drive implementation of significant short- and long-term efforts contributing to the overall growth and profitability of Songtrust - through Marketing priorities.
- Present strategic insights and recommendations to leadership team and stakeholders in the Marketing, Sales, BD and Product organizations critical to maintaining or developing long-term relationships
- Create relationships with stakeholders through establishing trust, value, and dependability - with strong verbal, visual, and communication forms.
- 2-5+ years of marketing experience for a SaaS, agency with relevant clients, or transactional service company, ideally from within a fast growing company/division.
- Overall you should bring a passion for disrupting an industry and begin building the team that is directly responsible for building our client base
- HTML/CSS skills & the ability to do beautiful things in with a WYSIWYG editor when needed.
- Deep familiarity with the Digital Media landscape and with key AdTech tools and concepts, ability to run large a/b testing campaigns on ads.
- Metrics driven and able to create and perform analysis of KPI’s as well as generate reports for management.
- Experience with Facebook Power Editor and FMPs (Nanigans, Smartly.io, etc.), Adwords, and other media advertising tools, and passion to learn more
- Experience planning and activating paid social, search and programmatic campaigns
- Hubspot expertise
- Familiarity with Hubspot(which we love), or other MPaaS
- Successful partner/affiliate management
Why you want to work here:
- We have a fun and energetic loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Paid Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Songtrust's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...