Marketing Services Manager
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum | Nashville, TN
Posted here February 5
FLSA Classification: Full-Time - Exempt
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum Marketing Department
The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum has an opening for a full-time exempt Marketing Services Manager within the marketing department.
Company Overview: The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum seeks to collect, preserve, and interpret the evolving history and traditions of country music. Through exhibits, publications, and educational programs, the museum teaches its diverse audiences about the enduring beauty and cultural importance of country music. See all available opportunities here: Employment.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Services Manager, the Marketing Services Manager will play an integral role in managing the marketing, media buying, financial and promotional needs of internal clients to ensure that best-of-class marketing practices are applied and institution branding standards are met to support the many goals and objectives of the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum. This position provides tremendous opportunity to experience all levels of marketing, to encourage independence and growth and to develop management and training skills.
1. Client Service – Serve as a primary interface between the Marketing team and the various divisions within the institution. Exceptional client service skills are required to effectively balance the varied goals and objectives of each division.
2. Market Research – Help improve inter-departmental knowledge through market research activities to better understand demographics, competitive landscape, and emerging market trends.
3. Media Placement/Fulfillment – Place media buys and fulfill selected advertising buys secured for various Museum departments, including print, outdoor, digital and other non-traditional media. Work alongside the Communications department to align paid media schedules along with earned media schedules.
4. Budget Management – The Marketing Manager will manage the marketing budgets for various museum clients to ensure expenses are managed appropriately. Collaborate with clients in strategic marketing making sure budgets are properly allocated and plans are implemented.
5. Promotions – Multiple promotional opportunities are secured each year with various partners. The Marketing Manager will fulfill partnership promotions and execute museum-driven promotions from conception to fulfillment to analysis.
6. On-Property Marketing – The Marketing Manager will be responsible for fulfilling on-property marketing initiatives designed to deliver a premium experience to our guests.
7. Invoices and Contracts – Update invoices weekly to accounting and input contracts weekly into the internal purchasing system.
8. Departmental Growth – Identify new and creative ways to bring the Museum’s message to a broader audience by participating in educational opportunities and participating in professional presentations approved by the Marketing Department.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communication or related field required
- 2 - 3 years marketing experience, with preference given to agency experience
- Prior hospitality, tourism, not for profit or related experience preferred
- Experience working in a digital environment preferred
- Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at the company’s sole discretion. Some nights and weekends required.
- Ability to squat, lift and carry marketing materials and supplies may be necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (Emma, EMS, Tessitura preferred)
Relationships and Roles
- Exhibit the capability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Actively listen to all parties.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and cooperatively.
- Create a positive work culture: build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, promote innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Sustain rapport with all support departments.
Additional Skills / Desired Characteristics
- Highly innovative and creative, self-starter with strong business acumen
- Must be a team player
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be very flexible in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including email communication
- Ability to work individually and with cross-functional teams to develop consensus within diverse groups and drive results
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and possesses outstanding follow through skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...