Marketing Specialist (Junior Level)
Sony Music Entertainment | New York, NY
Posted here January 23
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will work to develop opportunities to increase audience and revenue around Sony Music’s Hip-Hop/R&B/Urban music catalog.
- Contribute to the marketing and social strategy of a team dedicated to increasing audience development and engagement around the Sony Music’s Hip-Hop/R&B/Urban music catalog
- Seek out new partnerships to accelerate and grow key performance indicators
- Ideation and execution of social media campaigns that resonate within the urban music space
- Collaborate with internal teams (A&R, content, editorial, marketing, press and sales) to drive fan engagement campaigns and urban catalog music consumption opportunities - both physical and streaming
- Liaise and support global teams on artist and label social campaigns by providing assets, best practices and analysis where relevant
- Plan and execute A/B send strategies based on defined KPIs and campaign objective
- Analyze current and historical results to optimize future social strategies
- Define behavioral and demographic attributes to develop audience/sub-genre segmentation
- Analyze competition strategies and follow digital marketing trends and internal campaigns
- Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide department head with timely feedback and follow-up
- Prepare regular status reports
- Dynamic team leader and passionate music fan with broad knowledge of urban music and the digital landscape
- Established network within urban music and digital communities
- Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 1-2 years urban marketing experience preferred
- Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
- Experience in social media content deployment, including copy writing/editing, image editing/optimizing and scheduling/optimizing posts for best performance
- Knowledgeable in best practices of campaign development to optimize efficiency and quality of campaigns across all channels (email, web, social)
- Working knowledge of SEO, SEM, Google AdWords and Social Media Ad strategy and platforms
- Basic experience with HTML, Adobe Photoshop and basic editing software
- Deep love and passion for music and the artists who create it, and a strong desire to create highly engaged fan communities in the social media space
- Outstanding attention to organization and detail
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.