Media Activation Specialist
Universal Music Group | Nashville, TN
Posted here August 13
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG Nashville & Capitol Christian Music Group are looking for a self-motivated Media Activation Specialist to manage and help support artist marketing efforts and the labels at large. The ideal candidate would be passionate about combining music and advertising in their everyday life and is highly knowledgeable on all digital media outlets including paid search, social, programmatic, display, video, mobile as well as emerging media and new technology platforms. This position is responsible for the execution and day-to-day management of all media buying for all of UMG Nashville & Capitol CMG Campaigns. Successful candidates must have a high degree of comfort juggling multiple types of work, while discerning key information across a high volume of client communication. Must be comfortable working flexible hours when needed to cover night and weekend client activities. The role would work directly with all marketing teams and will report to the VP of Digital Marketing (UMG Nashville) & VP of Digital Marketing & Content (Capitol CMG).
UMG Nashville consists of Capitol Records Nashville, EMI Records Nashville, MCA Nashville and Mercury Nashville. Together their roster of artists reads like a who’s who of Music Row stars, including Alan Jackson, Chris Stapleton, Darius Rucker, Dierks Bentley, George Strait, Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Shania Twain and Vince Gill.
Capitol CMG Label Group roster of artists include Chris Tomlin, Crowder, Hillsong United, Hillsong Worship, Hillsong Young & Free, Jeremy Camp, Jesus Culture, Kari Jobe, Mandisa, Matt Redman, Matthew West, Passion, Riley Clemmons, TobyMac, and more.
- Act as the primary digital media expert for labels, buying, optimization and reporting
- Liaise with label planning teams to develop media strategies and campaigns
- Execute, manage, and optimize digital media campaigns with a focus on campaign KPIs and goals
- Develop and manage paid social, search, native, programmatic and direct programs
- Create custom audiences, book and optimize campaigns in Facebook, Twitter, Google Adwords, and other DSPs
- Possess strong technical understanding of programmatic audience buying
- Identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviors, and media habits.
- Monitor media buys to ensure all brand safety, ad fraud, and viewability standards are met or exceeded
- Monitor media for pacing, delivery, placement, and flight date discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments when necessary
- Research and record trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Aid in educating the digital & marketing teams on best-practices and data driven techniques
- Responsible for the preparation of insertion orders and placement of advertising with media vehicle, as applicable
- Implement test initiatives such as landing page, A/B testing, multivariate testing, offer testing, as needed
- Create and manage quarterly budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge traditional media buying (TV, Radio, Print & OOH) and entertainment industry
- Ability to handle heavy workload, mediating many demands and requests with strong problem-solving drive
- Experience with major ad exchanges and ad server technology
- Experience buying through SEM bid management platforms, Google AdWords, Bing AdCenter, Facebook Marketplace, Twitter, Snapchat and DSPs
- You build great relationships with clients, vendors, and reps
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI and learnings.
- Familiarity/experience with DoubleClick, Google Analytics, Datorama
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...