The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum | Nashville, TN
Posted here February 26
The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, a non-profit educational institution in Nashville, Tennessee, dedicated to collecting, preserving, and interpreting the rich and diverse history of country music and to making connections between country and its roots in traditional folk culture, seeks a full-time museum writer and editor who will work with museum staff to develop exhibits, museum publications, public programs, and educational initiatives that illuminate the country music story. In recent years, the museum has welcomed more than a million visitors annually.
Specific Duties Include:
In addition to working with fellow staff members, the writer-editor will interact with outside scholars, historians, curators, and documentarians with a range of institutional affiliations, including media outlets and universities that are working to preserve and interpret country music.
The writer-editor should expect to host concerts, serve as moderator for and participate in panel discussions, and interview artists, musicians, executives, authors, and other experts about country music and its place in the culture of the South, the U.S., and the world.
- Bachelors of Arts in related field.
- The candidate should have deep knowledge of the history of country music and an understanding of its relationship to oral tradition and to the hybrid forms into which the music continues to evolve.
- The writer-editor must have good writing and speaking skills and must be able to communicate in clear, concise, jargon-free prose.
- Journalism experience, within a tradition of objectivity, accuracy, and fairness, and familiarity with AP Stylebook and Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
Note to Applicants:
- Candidates will be asked to provide writing samples.
- The museum writer-editor will report to the museum’s Executive Senior Director for Research, Editorial, and Content.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...