Music Clearance Manager
Dick Clark Productions | Santa Monica, CA
Posted here November 6
dick clark productions, a diverse entertainment company and producer of a wide range of television programming, including awards shows, specials, and reality series, is seeking a highly qualified Music Clearance Manager. This position will be based in Santa Monica.
- Work closely with production to determine which songs are to be performed and used in show/production
- Research song and master recording ownership using online resources including ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and Harry Fox Agency, among others.
- Prepare quote requests detailing show/production information, song information, proposed use as well as rights for specific production
- Negotiate with rights-holders all aspects of quote request, including term, media and fees
- Regularly manage and maintain the song status grid/database, which includes production/show name, song titles, writer(s) and publisher/label information, etc.
- Notify production of songs that have been approved or denied as well as potential trouble songs and help with problem solving
- Oversee preparation of music cue sheets and review for accuracy and distribute to relevant parties
- Request and/or draft synchronization license agreements for all applicable licensors
- Review license agreements for terms/rights and accuracy and process for signature
- Ensure check requests are submitted for processing and appropriate documentation is on file.
- Co-manage the music coordinator/assistant
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.