CBS Corporation | New York, NY
Posted here May 14
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
This position reports to the Music Manager of CBS Sports and assists the Production Department in creative and logistical music needs for CBS Sports programming which includes the NFL, SEC football, NCAA basketball and PGA golf. Must be available to work on weekends from September to April.
- Coordinate live music needs for all Saturday studio programming
- Create music cue sheets for CBS Sports/Sports Network programming using the RapidCue rights management system
- Contact Production Department for timely delivery of music usage for cue sheets
- Submit completed cue sheets on a quarterly basis to our music vendors
- Assist in the creation and delivery of music packages to the remote and studio crews in the proper format
- Assist with the clearance of commercial music within CBS Sports programming
- Provide weekly reports to the Production department outlining current music industry trends and new commercial music releases
- Work with AD’s, AP’s and Feature Producers to provide music for use in their projects
- Collaborate creatively with music composers who are providing new content
- Listen and assess new music submissions
- Research song title copyright registration
- Build relationships with labels, publishers, production libraries and composers
- Screen programs when necessary for identifying and timing music and for cue sheet accuracy
- Train and manage interns
- Various administrative tasks
- Act as point person for music and information when Music Manager is unavailable
- Interested and immersed in television, music, and sports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-starter; highly organized, detail-oriented, able to multitask and work independently
- Ability to interface with music vendors and all levels of CBS Sports/Sports Network management
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while remaining flexible to frequently changing priorities
- Problem-solving skills; ability to troubleshoot and/or adapt quickly to last-minute issues or needs that arise during live broadcasts
View full listing here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...