Music Production Coordinator
National Children's Chorus | New York, NY
Posted here February 26
The National Children's Chorus seeks a dynamic, service-oriented individual with experience in event production to manage weekly rehearsals on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for its students (5 to 15 years of age), seasonal performances and special events in New York. The role is to provide strong and dependable support for the organization's local operations and infrastructure. The position requires excellence in production logistics, customer service, personnel management, writing and communication skills, flexibility and problem solving. Time will be spent both in an office setting, and on-site at events. Working closely with parents, students, and staff members is an integral part of this position.
The National Children's Chorus (NCC) is quickly establishing itself as America's leading treble chorus, with a set of ensembles based in Los Angeles, New York City and Washington, D.C. Performing locally and abroad, the NCC redefines music education as part of a professional children's chorus by developing the creative potential of its gifted students.
Major Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage team of local production assistants to ensure smooth operations at weekly rehearsals and seasonal events.
- Oversee accurate set-up for all rehearsal facilities.
- Work with Operations Manager to maintain set-up protocol for all local venues.
- Oversee student safety at all events, including check-in and check-out procedures.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Assemble rehearsal materials and track material distribution and payments.
- Maintain organization and tidiness of NCC facilities and NCC office space.
- Assist students and parents with various administrative and logistical needs.
- Manage parent chaperone sign-ups, organization and on-site duties.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the successful execution of NCC performances and special events.
- Be present at all NCC events each season; if an absence is necessary, secure advance approval and train production assistant to cover rehearsal duties.
- Report rehearsal or event anomalies to Operations Managers and NCC Team.
- Correspond with members, as needed.
- Send attendance notification e-mails, as directed.
- Work with the Associate Artistic Director, Member Services Coordinator and Operations Manager to resolve any attendance issues.
- Conduct venue and other production research projects, as needed.
- Assist in recruitment outreach to local schools for regional auditions, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of production experience
- High level proficiency with MS WORD and MS EXCEL
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and people skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to manage data
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
Job Type: Part-time
- Production Management: 2 years
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...