Music Programming Manager
YouTube | Nashville, TN
Posted here April 9
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Music Programming Manager, you are a self-starter who will ramp up quickly to build and maintain YouTube's Music Programming on handsets, web and tablets. Based on your digital content experience, you'll coordinate and launch effective online features and promotions. You will bring programming instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable oral and written communication skills.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop and execute the strategy for growing engagement on specific music genres on YouTube. Plan and execute an annual programming calendar for Music.
- Identify and drive co-promotion or cross-promotion opportunities with internal and external partners. Coordinate with internal and external partnerships teams to develop and launch effective content and promotions. Participate in regular meetings with content partners, in order to identify promotional opportunities.
- Conduct metrics-based analyses of programming campaigns and provide recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness. Maintain excellent partner metadata, programming and hygiene.
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure all titles in programming plans are ordered and ingested. Support partner and technical teams to troubleshoot customer-facing issues.
- Contribute to Google’s global programming team and its efforts to drive improvements and innovative features on behalf of users worldwide.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a Programming role for a mobile or online digital music business.
- 5 years of experience in the music industry, with a focus on Country music, both contemporary and classic.
- Experience working with both external and internal partners on co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns.
- Knowledge of, and experience with online programming best practices; ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance platform-level programming capabilities.
- Programming and creative skills -- ability to craft messaging and work with design and production resources to drive creative execution.
- Effective analytical skills; ability to analyze research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimize programming strategy.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to maintain several different projects simultaneously, while creating precise and effective customer-facing communications.
- Ability to work across functions and divisions and deliver measurable results.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...