Music Sales and Distribution Assistant
Naxos of America | Nashville, TN
Posted here August 13
Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, Naxos of America is the leading independent classical music distributor in the U.S. and Canada. Specializing in state-of-the-art distribution and marketing and promotion, Naxos of America distributes nearly 65,000 SKUs to traditional brick and mortar retail, as well as offering a comprehensive suite of services tailored to consumer direct fulfillment. Naxos of America is also one of the world's largest digital distributors of independent classical music and video, supplying a catalog of over 1.9 million tracks and 65,000 album discs to hundreds of digital platforms and mobile outlets across the globe. Naxos of America offers marketing, publicity, physical and digital e-commerce services, licensing opportunities, streaming services, sales support and customer service for all new releases and active catalog titles of Naxos Records and nearly 700 distributed labels.
Support Physical & Digital Sales team with administrative tasks and department goals. Job responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Physical & Digital Sales team with optimizing efficiency of the department by participating in process building and implementation.
- Be a point person for team both internally and externally and be able to answer various questions and inquiries regarding the functions of the department. Additionally, be responsible for facilitating and implementing the processes needed to address such inquiries.
- Support the company's playlisting efforts by building playlists on multiple streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Napster, Deezer, etc..) as well as tracking and recording playlist stats
- Gather & distribute sales reports, recaps and charts to internal company members and labels contacts
- Update internal company catalog segmentation docs based on sub-genre, themes, occasions etc.
- Work with Content Ops team to assist labels with content related issues on DSPs (ie: incorrect metadata, Artist page issues etc)
- Work with Content Ops team to assure labels are properly setting up pre-orders, instant grats, etc.. on Apple Music/iTunes
- Track our labels' programming features across priority streaming platforms
- Promotion sales recaps - Provide sales recaps for key promotions indicating lift as compared to prior and post promotion performance in order to determine which campaigns are most successful.
- Digital assets for promotions - Facilitate gathering of images for creating artwork for special promotions on DSPs
- Additional administrative tasks as needed (ie: Department meeting, conference and travel planning, industry trends research & distribution of information internally, etc…)
Qualifications & Experience
- 4-year college degree, preferably in music, music business or related field
- Understanding of the digital music landscape and industry trends in music consumption and/or a Desire To Learn More About The Field
- Experience using/interacting with streaming services such as Spotify & Apple Music, etc…
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge and understanding of music consumption trends/industry trends and actively engaged in continued research and education of said trends, as the industry develops and evolves
- Knowledge of and experience with classical music is a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to see initiatives through to final implementation
- A passion for music & the music industry
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of digital distribution, label relations, digital marketing, promotion set up and execution, etc…
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, prioritize work load and take direction from multiple sources
- Independent worker as well as a good team player
- Excellent relationship manager
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Organized, efficient, effective with good time-management skills
- Adaptable within a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...