Music Systems Developer, Media Operations
Facebook | New York, NY
Posted here May 14
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Media Operations team develops solutions for media companies on Facebook and Instagram by creating scaled systems to address the issues impacting their experiences with the suite of Facebook products. Our Music Operations team is committed to providing support for music content partners inclusive of the specific needs of the industry.
We are seeking a Music Systems Developer to build backend infrastructure for managing ownership data on music copyright, in particular music publishing. In addition, this position will play a lead role in technical partner operations, copyright data analysis, and ad hoc tool creation.
- Engineer solutions for music publishing systems
- Parse partner data and create scripts or processes to facilitate scalable music publisher data ingestion and reconciliation
- Design and build ad hoc tooling solutions for acute partner operational needs or contractual requirements, including data exchange and custom reporting
- Build, maintain, and modify internal dashboards to monitor operational progress
- Provide high touch technical support for music partners
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams – including partnerships, operations, product, and engineering teams
- Develop a deep expertise in Facebook’s music rights management products and how they are being used across constituent groups
- BA or BS degree
- 2+ years experience as a data analyst, engineer, technical account manager, or technical operator
- 1+ years of experience with music industry licensing and operations
- 1+ years of experience with digital rights management products
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- 2+ years experience with coding
- Experience managing results to metrics
- Experience with DDEX and metadata standards
View full listing here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog...