Performance Development Coach, Sales
BMI | Nashville, TN
Posted here July 16
Responsible for the day-to-day performance development activities of Sales, Chain Sales, Lead Generation, and BMI Care team members. Will work directly with Sales leaders and Licensing Talent to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate performance development efforts to support Sales’ revenue goals.
Functions of the job
Essential Functions: Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
Coaching and Training:
- Partners with Licensing Talent to establish comprehensive coaching and training approach that adheres to foundational adult-learning theory and aligns efforts that support effective and efficient learning for all Sales team members.
- Coordinate, schedule, and facilitate new hire training, including training on license products, sales pitch, sales process and procedure, and technology for non-management Sales team members.
- Partner with Sales leaders to communicate changes to license products, sales process, technology, and sales pitch when needed.
- Partner with Sales leaders and Licensing Talent to identify and implement a strategy for ongoing coaching and training for non-management Sales team members.
- Conduct regular “side-by-sides” with non-management Sales team members to evaluate performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide feedback to non-management Sales team members regarding their performance.
- Coaches all non-management Sales team members in a way that promotes the consistent implementation of the BMI Customer Service pledge.
- Report monthly on all of Sales coaching and training activity to Sales leadership and Licensing Talent.
- Partners with Licensing Talent to act as Sales’ point of contact for all quality management initiatives (call recording and scoring, call evaluation template creation and maintenance, call review sessions, etc.).
- Facilitates call review sessions as directed.
- Monitors and scores call recordings, achieving monthly goals, to support the coaching efforts of Sales leadership.
- Utilizes call recording technology to assist in the archiving of telephone calls to be used in training and coaching sessions.
- Analyzes call recording data and customer feedback data to identify coaching and training gaps within the Sales team.
- Reports monthly on all of Sales quality management activity, including data compiled from call recording technology and customer feedback technology.
Talent Identification and Assessment:
- Documents and delivers to Sales leaders and Licensing Talent a monthly performance analysis for all non-management Sales team members.
- Participates in monthly talent review with Human Resources and Licensing Talent.
- Conducts interviews for all non-management Sales roles as needed.
- Serves as a “second voice” to Sales leaders reinforcing positive messaging and creating the best possible customer experience.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and represents Sales in projects and meetings as directed by the Vice President, Sales.
- Supports BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Supports the Sales and Service Commitment to Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Coaching certifications a plus.
Experience: Minimum four years coaching in a call center environment required. Coaching in a transactional sales environment preferred. Experience with DDI Targeted Selection methodology preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills including the ability to listen, write, and speak effectively including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to establish good working relationships internally and externally including the ability to adapt uniquely to each situation.
- Continued demonstration of a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong use of technology; Excel, Access and/or CRM reporting tools.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and make good decisions.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable to manage multiple priorities, assignments and tasks in high paced environment including the ability to manage and adapt to change.
- A personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce.
View full listing and apply here.
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.
New on the blog