Reservoir | New York, NY
Posted here February 12
Reservoir is an independent music publisher based in New York City. Founded as a family business in 2007, the company began with a small, experienced team and a modest collection of long-standing hits. Today, with offices in Los Angeles, Toronto, and London, over 200 #1 releases worldwide, and writers based everywhere from Hollywood to Hamburg, Reservoir has emerged as the boutique publisher with a global reach.
Diverse and ever-expanding, Reservoir boasts a multi-genre, hit-driven catalog. Its archives include historic pieces written by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Bobby Pickett, David Crosby, Gram Parsons, Irving Burgie, John Denver, and Ricky Lee Jones; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Big & Rich, Lil Jon, Phantogram, Sheryl Crow, and Stephen “Static Major” Garrett; and a slew of current and recent popular hits performed by Ariana Grande, Drake, Lady Gaga, Major Lazer, Meghan Trainor, Tiësto, and several others. Reservoir's collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ina Wroldsen, Jamie Hartman, Lauren Christy, Ali Tamposi, Dave Bassett, Mike Campbell, Nate “Danja” Hills, and Statik Selektah, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Joey Bada$$, and WatchTheDuck.
Serve as the singular accounting resource in Reservoir’s New York City headquarters and coordinate all accounting related activities across the Vancouver, Toronto, New York, Los Angeles and London offices. Report directly to the VP Finance of Reservoir. This role requires a high level of accounting skills, and offers a variety of strategic and hands-on responsibilities in an exciting, professional growing organization.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements (consolidated and un-consolidated)
- Manage timing and delivery of any externally required reporting
- Administer all payments for approval through banking and accounting system
- Finish integration of Sage Live accounting system to support the company’s growth
- Develop high level proficiency with Reservoir’s royalty software system Music Maestro
- Ensure timely attention to hands-on duties including journal entries (cash and non-cash)
- Reconcile general ledger to multiple bank accounts and entities (multiple currencies)
- Act as administrator for Concur expense management and American Express credit card portals
- Serve as liaison between Reservoir and corporate auditors to prepare audited financial statements
- Develop accounting policy procedures manual
- Act as a liaison between the company and parent entity for reporting purposes
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- CPA license, must be active
- Professional corporate accounting experience, big accounting firm preferred
- Sage Live proficiency
- Music industry experience preferred
- Experience building, consolidating, and tying out financial statements
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Competitive salary, target bonus, health benefits, and 401K matching
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Subscribe to the Music Biz Besties Job Forum and get email updates with new listings every Monday.